LAS VEGAS, May 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanguard Integrity Professionals today announced the full lineup of keynote presenters at Vanguard Security & Compliance 2012. Presenters include executives from IBM, CA Technologies, Cisco, National Institute of Standards and Technology, the State of Nevada and Vanguard who will provide attendees with the latest information about how to secure critical infrastructure from attack and ensure that data assets are protected. Vanguard Security & Compliance, co-sponsored by IBM and CA Technologies, is the world's largest educational forum dedicated to modern information technology security training for System z®.
Keynote presenters will include:
- IBM Director of System z Technology and Strategy Jose Castano who will speak on securing z/OS systems.
- CA Technologies Senior Vice President of Strategy and Product Management for the mainframe business unit David Hodgson who will present on next-generation security and compliance management.
- Cisco Principal Security Strategist Patrick Gray who will discuss data security challenges in the public and private sectors.
- NIST Fellow and leading information security and risk management expert Ron Ross who will speak on building effective cyber security programs for the cloud.
- Nevada's Chief Information Security Officer Christopher Ipsen, Nevada's Chief Information Officer David Gustafson, and General Counsel to the Governor of the State of Nevada Lucas Foletta who will speak on how cyber security is providing a foundation for Nevada's economic success.
- Nevada's Secretary of State Ross Miller who will discuss the benefits digital resources provide to Nevada's Secretary of State's office and the role security plays in their deployment.
- Vanguard Chief Global Strategist Steven Ringelberg who will present an update on the latest state and federal cyber security legislation and the most frequently observed security vulnerabilities on z/OS systems.
"Attendees of Vanguard Security & Compliance 2012 will benefit greatly from the presentations of these keynote speakers," said Ringelberg. "As the level of cyber security threats and the complexity of networked and cloud computing environments continues to increase, we want our keynote addresses to provide the latest insights from technology industry and government security experts."
Vanguard Security & Compliance is committed to providing security practitioners with immediate knowledge and hands-on skills to secure their enterprise and mitigate risks using emerging security technologies and techniques. Now in its 26th year, the event has been responsible for providing more than 10,000 System z security practitioners with z/OS® and RACF® security training to ensure the protection of their critical infrastructures. Each year as the security threatscape and regulatory environment evolves, the training advances to address today's toughest security and compliance challenges.
For a complete list of sessions, program tracks or to learn more about Vanguard Security & Compliance 2012, visit www.go2vsc.com
About Vanguard Integrity Professionals
Vanguard Integrity Professionals provides enterprise security software and services that solve complex security and regulatory compliance challenges and deliver a rapid return on investment. With automated solutions for Audit and Compliance, Operational Security and Intrusion Management, Vanguard enables government agencies and corporations around the world to ensure continuous monitoring of System z, safeguard cloud computing secure domains, and protect critical data and applications from cyber security threats. Vanguard provides 24/7/365 live customer support from the United States. Support is also provided locally in other countries.
RACF, System z and z/OS are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
SOURCE Vanguard Integrity Professionals