NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Telx®, a leading provider of global interconnectivity, data center solutions and cloud enablement services, today announced the completion of its expansion within the NYC1 and NYC3 data center facilities, by 40,000 square feet and 50,000 square feet respectively.
Located at 60 Hudson Street, NYC1 is a key New York City data center for Telx and serves as one of the densest carrier and enterprise connectivity environments in the world. Additional space was secured at the end of 2013 and now 40,000 square feet of data center space is available. Customers with critical New York City expansion requirements are actively being installed.
Located at 32 Avenue of the Americas, NYC3 is Telx's third New York City-based data center, and one of six within the greater metro area. In December 2013, Telx announced an agreement to exclusively operate the interconnection facility in this building and completed its build out of additional colocation capacity in April 2014. Through an agreement to establish a global telecommunications company as a long term anchor tenant, Telx has increased its capacity by adding a new floor, bringing its footprint to over 120,000 square feet within the building.
Known as the 'Urban Giants' from the documentary sponsored by Telx, the historic buildings where NYC1 and NYC3 reside were critical telecommunications buildings that remain cornerstones of global communication and information exchange to this day. These new deployments complement Telx's comprehensive New York City metropolitan area presence that now serves over 870 customers across approximately 700,000 square feet. This expansion also represents significant growth for Telx and highlights its continued commitment to its customers as well as its overall success within the metro area.
"New York City remains a strategic market for us as we continue to grow our customer base and foster interconnection between enterprises and service providers in the region as well as those across the globe," said Chris Downie, Chief Executive Officer at Telx. "Expansions in NYC1 and NYC3 allow us to increase our connectivity-dense colocation capacity while securing and accelerating additional footprint in North America's most strategic data center market. Combining these expansions with our NYC2 facilities at 111 8th Avenue and our three New Jersey facilities across the river, Telx offers the largest critically enabled data center solution in the New York City metropolitan area."
To schedule a tour of the Telx Trifecta, or 'Urban Giants', please visit: http://map.telx.com/NYC-Trifecta.html
Additional details of the announcement:
- NYC1's completed construction not only provides new data center space, but also new office space and an executive meeting center.
- NYC3 has a total of 1.1 million square feet and is owned by the Rudin Family, a multi-generational real estate organization and one of the leading real estate owners in Manhattan. CBRE, Inc. represented Telx on the transaction. Other terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
Additional information and related links:
- Urban Giants: The Legacy of Two NYC Communication Hubs - http://www.telx.com/blog/urban-giants-the-legacy-of-two-nyc-communication-hubs/
- Get to Know the Telx Trifecta, Your New Best Asset for Data Center Space in the NYC - http://www.telx.com/blog/get-to-know-the-telx-trifecta-your-new-best-asset-for-data-center-space-in/
- Inventors in the Data Center: A NYSERNet feature, part 1 of 2 - http://www.telx.com/blog/inventors-in-the-data-center-a-nysernet-feature-pt-1-of-2/
- Research Exchange Points in the 21st Century: A NYSERNet feature, part 2 of 2 - http://www.telx.com/blog/research-exchange-points-in-the-21st-century-a- nysernet-feature-pt-2-or-2/
- Telx Data Center Spotlight: NYC3 - http://www.telx.com/blog/telx-data-center-spotlight-nyc3/
Telx is a new kind of data center solution provider fueling infrastructure, interconnection and business progress. With industry-leading 100% uptime and 100% on-time service delivery SLAs, Telx helps companies build more agile businesses faster with reduced infrastructure complexity and broader reach to new markets. A privately held company headquartered in New York with west coast operations out of San Francisco, Telx serves a broad range of industries from 20 data centers located across 13 US markets: the New York/New Jersey metro area, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix and Charlotte, N.C. Telx manages 1.3 million square feet of data center space and more than 50,000 network connections, enabling the interconnection of more than 10 million square feet of data center space globally.
Capacity. Capabilities. Connections.SM
For more information about Telx, visit: http://www.telx.com, follow us on Twitter @Telx_Group and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/telxgroup and join us on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/s/Telx.