ATLANTA, March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the world's largest company solely focused on data warehousing and integrated marketing management, and LGR Telecommunications, specialists in carrier-grade intelligence solutions, have joined forces to help global telecom operators gain ground-breaking new insights into customer experience as well as predict and influence future customer behavior.
Understanding the customer's experience is the biggest ongoing challenge for all telecom operators because it requires analyzing enormous quantities of highly detailed information about each customer's usage of their mobile devices over the network. A typical large operator might generate 150,000 data records or more every second of the day. When LGR is running on the massively parallel processing system of the Teradata platform, operators can manage the immense data volumes and mine network usage data for enterprise intelligence and analytics.
Grant Salmon, chief executive officer, LGR Telecommunications
"Our joint solution allows operators to understand the network experience from the customer's point of view by incorporating both handset and network performance data."
"Integrating the data means operators will know exactly their quality of service and pinpoint the causes of any problems."
Ari Banerjee, senior analyst, Heavy Reading
"Customer experience management is emerging as a top priority for service providers worldwide. Network lifecycle events have a large impact on customer satisfaction and hence, to deliver a holistic customer experience, operators must look at their network operations from the point of view of the customer."
David Grant, vice president of industry marketing and solutions, Teradata Corporation
"While global operators recognize the vital nature of network data for business intelligence and analytics, few have clear strategies for executing on the vision."
"With LGR on Teradata, carriers are able to perform detailed analysis of market share and customer churn, by market and by product, on a daily basis, then perform advanced analyses of usage-based segmentation, customer experience, and social network, to beat the competition."
- CDRlive, from LGR, captures all the Call Detail Records (CDRs) for every point of customer interaction with the network – voice calls, SMS and data transfers. The millions of CDRs from the operator's network are then loaded into a data warehouse from Teradata, where the information is combined with other customer data and analyzed to extrapolate customer usage, experience and behavioral information.
- This real-time, high-performance business intelligence and analytics platform enables operators to get a 360-degree view of each customer, and take proactive steps to maximize experience and drive new value.
- CDRlive is being migrated to the Teradata Platform Family by the second quarter of 2011 and ready for sale globally. The two companies are currently jointly engaged with numerous customers around the world.
- By using CDRlive and Teradata to integrate network, signaling and customer data, operators gain a detailed understanding of the customer experience. They use this detailed analysis for:
- Highly granular views into network and device usage and performance, obtaining real-time insights to mitigate risks and open new opportunities.
- Customer segmentation as well as loyalty and churn initiatives, increasing retention and identifying new revenue and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Competitor analysis, gaining first-to-market advantage through an understanding of competitor metrics such as subscriber counts, market share, and adds/disconnects.
- Social network analysis, mitigating the risk of churn and increasing cross-sell and up-sell success rates.
- The Teradata family of data warehouse platforms provides the speed and scalability needed to load and analyze data from the smallest operator to the largest global telecom company at the most economical terms. Teradata also provides maintenance and support to ensure the data warehouse system is fully operational all of the time.
About LGR Telecommunications
LGR Telecommunications (LGR) is a specialist solutions provider to the global telecommunications industry, with offices in the United States, Australia and South Africa. Its core business centers around real-time, carrier-grade solutions such as CDRlive, which allow telecommunications operators to transform high volumes of network usage data into critical business insight. LGR technologies today support over 250 million mobile subscribers at leading network operators across the globe. For more information about LGR, please visit: www.lgr.biz.
Teradata is the world's leader in data warehousing and integrated marketing management through its database software, data warehouse appliances, and enterprise analytics. For more information, visit teradata.com.
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Teradata Corporation