ATLANTA, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) announced today that customer Station Casinos has captured two industry awards in recognition for its success in implementing Teradata Relationship Manager and related applications on the Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform. Using real-time data capture and integration to gain a complete view of customers across its 18 casinos and hotels, Station Casinos has been able to improve player development profitability by $2 million per month, cut more than $1 million a month in targeted promotional campaign expense and improved guest retention by nearly 10 percent.
- Karen O'Dell, PMP, Station Casinos' director of IT business systems, won the PMI Southern Nevada Chapter Project Manager of the Year award from the Project Management Institute for her work leading the implementation project.
- Station Casinos was selected from among 500 high-performing companies to receive a 2011 Aprimo Excellence (APEX) award. The winner in the Teradata Relationship Manager category, Station Casinos won for improving guest retention while simultaneously reducing its promotional budget, and for improving the efficiency of its analytical reporting.
senior vice president, operations, and chief information officer, Station Casinos
"Karen has led a majority of our large-scale technology projects and her proficiency as a project director has allowed Station Casinos to embrace differentiating technology in ways other companies might not be able to."
Karen O'Dell, IT project director, Station Casinos
"It's amazing how much better and more consistent Station is with insight and analysis now that we've integrated decisioning data into the enterprise data warehouse. Now we have logically harmonious customer analysis and opportunity management for our Total Guest Worth project."
vice president, relationship marketing,
"Using Teradata Relationship Manager within the Teradata Enterprise Data Warehousing environment has meant we can act on our belief that every customer has a unique personality and a unique set of behaviors. To deliver a rewarding customer experience, Station has to recognize and cater to that uniqueness, and predict and stay ahead of each customer's needs. These analytical tools have opened the door for Station to stay one step ahead of the customer life cycle."
director of hospitality solutions,
"Station Casinos has moved in a new strategic direction, using the power of enterprise analytics to understand its customers significantly better than ever, faster than ever, and to recognize their present and potential value to its organization. This deep understanding of each customer is now an essential reason for whether a company is at the top or bottom of the economy."
- Station Casinos purchased in 2008 the industry-leading Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse, Teradata Relationship Manager, Teradata Warehouse Miner, and real-time tools and utilities.
- Using Teradata's real-time data platform and advanced software tools, Station Casinos marketers can share detailed analytical intelligence obtained through Teradata Relationship Manager with its customer service representatives so they can make more informed decisions about customer requests at the time it matters most.
- TRM software gives companies sophisticated tools to launch multiple-step conversations with their customers across different sales and service channels. Teradata's approach to managing these dialogs typically results in higher response rates and more profitable returns than conventional marketing approaches. TRM software also assists in executive-level management, reporting on marketing productivity with frequent metric reports on customer interactions, revenue and business operations within the data warehouse.
Teradata is the world's leader in data warehousing and integrated marketing management through its database software, data warehouse appliances, and enterprise analytics. For more information, visit teradata.com.
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Teradata Corporation