DALLAS, Dec. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Institute for Surgery (TIS) is pleased to announce it has been named a 2017 Guardian of Excellence Award® winner by Press Ganey. The Guardian of Excellence Award recognizes top-performing health care organizations that have consistently achieved the 95th percentile or above of performance in Employee Engagement.
The Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award is a nationally-recognized symbol of achievement in health care. Presented annually, the award honors clients who consistently sustained performance in the top 5% of all Press Ganey clients for each reporting period during the course of one year.
TIS provides several programs and practices that helped our organization achieve this award, such as:
- We promote a healthy culture by living our mission, vision, values and pillars of excellence. We take time to hire what we feel are the best of the best employees who can add to a high performing, caring Team.
- Our employees participate in or are in charge of activities ranging from how performance is assessed, the benefits program and even our company 'fun' events via the Employee Engagement and Enrichment Committee. The Fun events include an annual company party and an activity of the month throughout the year. "Sundae on a Monday", National Brownie Month, Sporting events are examples.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous assistance for everything from compensation, insurances, special programs, a matched 401K program and one of the most liberal tuition reimbursement programs in the market.
- The Leadership team rounds daily, all shifts and weekends so we can interact with our staff on a continuous basis. A bi-monthly Town Hall is held where employees are encouraged to ask the President anything they wish and answers will be provided in an open forum.
- Communication is one of our strongpoints. Formal staff meetings take place monthly and are supplemented with bi-weekly updates. The intranet called the "INSIDE" displays daily updates, special events, etc. Our Chief of Staff sends a clinically oriented letter to each physician monthly and the Medical Committees meet jointly with the Leadership Team to set clinical guidelines.
- All managers meet as a group bi-weekly where updates are provided.
"Our employees eagerly participated in this initiative and have been able to see our engagement score increase to the 99th percentile. They too were delighted by that outcome and shared wonderful comments with me," said David A Helfer, FACHE, CMPE, President, Texas Institute for Surgery.
"We are proud to partner with TIS," said Patrick T. Ryan, CEO of Press Ganey. "This award is a testament to the organization's leadership in delivering patient-centered care. By achieving and sustaining this level of excellence, TIS continues to demonstrate their commitment to reducing patient suffering and advancing the overall quality of health care."
About TIS - TIS is a Joint Commission Accredited, state of the art acute care, surgically oriented hospital dedicated to providing premier surgical services, innovative technology along with personal care.
The surgical hospital was founded in 2004 and is jointly owned by several highly acclaimed Dallas surgeons and Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas. TIS offers a full range of surgical procedures, including Orthopedic, Spine, ENT, Pain Management, Urology, Plastics/Cosmetics and Ophthalmology as well as diagnostic imaging. www.texasinstituteforsurgery.com.
About Press Ganey - Press Ganey is a leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the continuum of care. With more than 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. Our mission is to help health care organizations reduce patient and caregiver suffering while improving the safety, quality and experience of care. For more information, visit www.pressganey.com.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-institute-for-surgery-receives-2017-press-ganey-guardian-of-excellence-award-for-outstanding-performance-in-employee-engagement-300570296.html
SOURCE Texas Institute for Surgery