PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Law Institute's Continuing Legal Education is pleased to announce the 34th Annual Conference on Life Insurance Company Products. This event continues to be the premier program for legal, compliance, and other professionals in the life insurance company product industry. The two-day CLE program will be held at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C. on November 3-4, 2016, and offers an optional workshop on November 2.
One hallmark of this conference that distinguishes it from others is the broad participation of federal and state regulators sharing their thoughts about issues and priorities, and this year will be no exception. This year's course includes a key note address from David Grim, the Director of the SEC's Division of Investment Management. Other speakers include J. Mark Iwry, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Retirement and Health Policy, and Timothy D. Hauser, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Program Operations of the Employee Benefits Security Administration, Department of Labor. Planning co-chair, Steven E. Roth, partner at Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP, revealed "We have assembled a very strong, diverse faculty of thought leaders who will be covering an unusually rich array of current issues affecting life insurance company products – both fixed and variable."
The Conference on Life Insurance Company Products will feature top legal minds assembled from government, private practice, and industry to discuss many current topics and developments, including:
- key federal and state regulatory developments affecting the marketing and distribution of annuities, life insurance, and underlying mutual funds
- analysis of SEC and FINRA examination priorities and enforcement actions
- the impact of the DOL fiduciary rule on sales practices, compensation, and competition
- variable annuity design changes in response to the DOL fiduciary rule and related exemptions
- the latest fixed rate and indexed annuity and life insurance product designs and developments, including product and distribution channel responses to the DOL fiduciary rule, the expanding use of living benefits, and IUL illustrations
About American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education
American Law Institute's Continuing Legal Education (CLE) is the continuing legal education division of the American Law Institute. American Law Institute CLE, a non-profit organization, is committed to the work of promoting continuing professional education for lawyers throughout the United States and to creating standards to ensure quality and relevance in CLE programs. American Law Institute CLE is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the legal profession, furthering a tradition of unparalleled service to lawyers.
The full program agenda and course registration information can be viewed by clicking here.
CONTACT: Danelsy Medrano
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
SOURCE American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education