MILWAUKEE, Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Business book experts 800-CEO-READ today announced the shortlist (800-CEO-READ Shortlist Post) for the company's 9th annual 800-CEO-READ Business Book Awards. The shortlist represents the year's best business books throughout eight categories: General Business, Leadership & Management, Innovation & Creativity, Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Personal Development, and Finance & Economics.
800-CEO-READ Editorial Director, Dylan Schleicher, said of the company's Shortlist, "All 40 longlist titles deserve admiration and attention, but these eight titles stand out for their execution of idea, quality of writing, and potential impact on readers in the workplace and in life."
For this year's shortlist, 800-CEO-READ's expert editorial team chose the following eight titles:
- We Are Market Basket: The Story of the Unlikely Grassroots Movement That Saved a Beloved Business by Daniel Korschun and Grant Welker, AMACOM Books (General Business)
- Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family by Bob Chapman and Raj Sisodia, Portfolio (Leadership & Management)
- How to Fly A Horse: The Secret History of Creation, Invention, and Discovery by Kevin Ashton, Doubleday (Innovation & Creativity)
- The Compass and The Nail: How the Patagonia Model of Loyalty Can Save Your Business, and Might Just Save the Planet by Craig Wilson, Rare Bird Books (Marketing)
- The Revenue Growth Habit: The Simple Art of Growing Your Business by 15% in 15 Minutes Per Day by Alex Goldfayn, Wiley (Sales)
- Boss Life: Surviving My Own Small Business by Paul Downs, Blue Rider Press (Entrepreneurship)
- Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age by Sherry Turkle, Penguin Press (Personal Development)
- America's Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve by Roger Lowenstein, Penguin Press (Finance & Economics)
An in-depth write-up of each shortlist title can be found on 800-CEO-READ's shortlist post.
800-CEO-READ will announce the overall 2015 Business Book of the Year at an awards ceremony and business book industry celebration in New York City on Thursday, January 14th.
Previous winners of the 800-CEO-READ Business Book of the Year include, among others, Seth Godin and Patrick Lencioni.
800-CEO-READ are experts at identifying current trends in business literature and literally wrote the 100 Best Business Books of All Time. The company also specializes in business and bulk book sales.
Book, company, and awards images available for download at:
CONTACT: Ryan Schleicher, 1-414-510-5780, firstname.lastname@example.org