NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2019 Alexa Conference, taking place Jan. 15-17 in the tech-forward Chattanooga, Tenn., features a variety of women who are leading the way in voice technology around the world. The event, presented by podcast network VoiceFirst.FM, is the worldwide gathering of the Alexa development community.
Kesha Williams, an accomplished software development manager who works for Chick-fil-A's corporate office in Atlanta, while maintaining a speaking schedule around the world, will keynote. Some of the other women appearing on The Alexa Conference program include:
- Noelle LaCharite, principal PM, applied AI, Microsoft
- Amanda Scherker, head of VUI design, Magic + Co.
- Katie McMahon, vice president and general manager, SoundHound
- Laurie Orlov, principal analyst, Aging in Place Technology Watch
- Rebecca Evanhoe, VUI designer, Mobiquity
- Val Vacante, managing partner, Collabsco
- Neha Javalagi, lead UX research and design, Witlingo
- Brielle Nickoloff, VUI designer, Witlingo
- Sandhya Pruthi, general internal medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Radhika Kanaskar, MIS honors student, University of Connecticut
- Kari Olson, chief innovation and technology officer, Front Porch Center for Innovation & Wellbeing
- Dana Wilson, general manager, Mississippi Interactive
- Melissa Campbell, communications and operations manager, Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood
- Emily Binder, voice marketing strategist, Beetle Moment Marketing
- Amy Stapleton, co-founder, Tellables
"Women are leading the way with voice technology, from the development of smart speakers to the evolution of voice assistants, to the underlying machine learning and AI," says Bradley Metrock, executive producer of The Alexa Conference, host of This Week In Voice podcast by VoiceFirst.FM, and author of the new audiobook Perspectives on Gender in #VoiceFirst Technology (from Score Publishing). "We're happy that the program for The Alexa Conference reflects this reality."
The Alexa Conference, which will take place at the Chattanooga Convention Center, features an exhibit hall, The Alexa Awards and a variety of workshops, in addition to the full conference program. Amazon is the 2019 Platinum Sponsor of The Alexa Conference, which will gather approximately 600 registered attendees from 12 countries. Attendees will include tech companies, executives and marketers from numerous industries, developers, entrepreneurs and strategists – all the roles involved in conceiving and creating great voice experiences.
To learn more and to register, visit https://www.voicefirst.fm/alexaconference.
VoiceFirst.FM, which produces The Alexa Conference, is a podcast network devoted to voice-first technology. Shows such as This Week In Voice, The Alexa Podcast, The VoiceFirst Roundtable and more are enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of listeners across 54 countries worldwide. VoiceFirst.FM is owned and operated by Score Publishing, a new media publishing company based in Nashville, Tennessee.
SOURCE The Alexa Conference