COVENTRY, England, August 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- As the UK rides high and 'Best of British' is celebrated across the globe, first pictures of the all-new Range Rover are released
- World's first 4X4 with a lightweight all-aluminium monocoque* body structure
- Created in Britain; designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK; lighter, stronger and more refined, the world's finest luxury 4X4
- The pinnacle of Land Rover refinement, with a more spacious and luxurious interior and a truly composed driving experience
- Enhanced all-terrain performance with introduction of Land Rover's Terrain Response 2 Auto®
- State-of-the-art exclusive Meridian audio technology
- Unparalleled levels of craftsmanship and impeccable material quality
- An evolution of the iconic Range Rover design first launched over 40 years ago
- An unrivalled breadth of capability with transformed handling and agility
- 420kg weight saving over previous model delivering improved fuel economy and CO2 emissions
With 'Best of British' being celebrated by nations across the globe, Land Rover, one of the world's most iconic British brands, offers a first look at the all-new Range Rover, a modern interpretation of a classic design icon. A handful of first images have been released ahead of its global reveal in September.
DOWNLOAD FIRST PICTURES OF THE ALL-NEW RANGE ROVER AT http://www.media.landrover.com
The world's first 4X4 with a revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model enabling total vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg.
The all-new Range Rover is the most luxurious and capable Land Rover yet. Lighter, stronger and with new levels of design and technology refinement, the Range Rover reinforces its position as the world's finest luxury 4X4.
Designed and engineered at Land Rover's development centres in the UK, the all-new Range Rover will be produced in a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility at Solihull, UK.
John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director, said: "The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle - that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability. However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle customers, with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling to create the most capable Range Rover ever built."
The fourth generation of the unique Range Rover line, the all-new model has been developed from the ground up, capturing the innovative spirit and iconic design of the original model which changed the world of motoring when it was launched over 40 years ago.
The sumptuous interior incorporates distinctive Range Rover design cues, but executed with a very contemporary treatment, and clean, elegant surfaces which are flawlessly presented using the finest leathers and veneers, all sourced from the UK. With over 120mm more legroom, the rear passengers benefit from increased space and comfort, with the option of a new two-seat Executive Class seating package for the ultimate in rear-seat luxury.
The all-new Range Rover has been engineered with the latest developments in vehicle technologies:
- Exclusive Meridian surround sound music systems
- Power upper and lower tailgates
- Industry-leading new Auto Terrain Response system, which analyses the current driving conditions and automatically selects the most suitable vehicle settings for the terrain
- World's first 4X4 with revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure
The all-new Range Rover has a clean and elegant shape, derived from a fresh new interpretation of Range Rover design cues. While instantly recognisable as a Range Rover, the new vehicle takes a significant step forward with a bold evolution of the model's iconic design language.
The lightweight aluminium body is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the previous model enabling total vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg. This delivers significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with a transformation in fuel economy and CO2 emissions.
In addition to the strong and rigid lightweight body, an all-new aluminium front and rear chassis architecture has been developed with completely re-engineered four-corner air suspension. While the luxurious ride has been retained, the vehicle's handling and agility have been significantly improved. The new suspension architecture delivers flatter, more confident cornering, with natural and intuitive steering feel.
Available in over 160 markets worldwide, pre-orders open from September 2012 [market dependent] with customer deliveries scheduled to start from early 2013.
* a single unit formed from the body and chassis.
Notes to Editors:
- Further in depth information on the all-new Range Rover (including Pricing) will be released early September ahead of the Paris Motor Show 2012.
For further information log onto http://www.media.landrover.com or contact:
The Brooklyn Brothers
+44-2072926200 / +447917108187
SOURCE Land Rover