NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Turkish Society is pleased to announce the seventh class of "Young Society Leaders," a group of 26 accomplished professionals with a demonstrated record of leadership ability and commitment to serve the U.S.-Turkish community at large.
"We welcome the new class of Young Society Leaders. We are extremely pleased to be able to recognize these outstanding young leaders who will help shape the dialogue and enhance the ties between our two countries," said Lawrence M. Kaye, Co-Vice Chair of The American Turkish Society."
"Young Society Leaders are global citizens who are passionate about matters important to the American-Turkish community at large. We are committed to creating an extraordinary future for the next generation of leaders and coming up with diverse ideas that make a difference and inspire our global community to act," said YSL Chairman Ertem Osmanoğlu. Young Society Leaders represent a diverse field of professions from business, law, science, academia and the arts and are elected by a nomination committee every year.
This year's new Young Society Leaders are:
- Erman Agirnasli, VP Acquisitions & Development at Agime Group LLC
- Duygu Aktan, Managing Partner at The FAKE Magazine
- Başak Altan, Design Strategist & Founder at Basak Altan, Chair for Industrial Designers Society of America San Francisco Chapter, Design Educator & Philanthropist.
- Seher Aylin Altıok, Product Manager at Google
- Defne Aydıntaşbaş, Co-Owner at DADA Goldberg
- Taylan Aygün, Senior Associate at Ernst & Young
- Damla Barrett (Yerdelenli), Associate at JLL
- Bee Bosnak, Yoga & Meditation Teacher | Founder of Heal Yourself Method
- Burak Çakmak, Dean Of Fashion at Parsons
- Elif Ceylan, Founder at ALEAF & North America Managing Director at INNOGATE, İTÜ ARI Teknokent
- Gamze Ceylan, Actress at AEA/SAG-AFTRA , and Founder and Teaching Artist at Syrian Kids Theater Project
- Naz Cuguoğlu, Curator and Art Writer, Co-founder of Collective Çukurcuma
- Kemal Erkan, CEO at United Medical LLC
- Delizia Flaccavento, Documentary Photographer, Co-founder of Notus Films
- Nevşah Karamehmet, Wellness guru and President at International Breath Coaching Federation
- Serdar Kayman, President at SK2 Architects
- Eda Kazancıoğlu, Growth & Optimization Manager at Qnary
- Tansa Mermerci, Managing Partner at SPOT Contemporary Art Projects
- Çağlan Mursaloğlu, Deputy CEO at Is Investment / New York Chairwoman and Vice Chair at TAİK ( Turkey-US Business Council)
- Fikriye Selen Okatan, Vice President of Marketing at Lladró
- Selin Olmsted, Founder & Creative Director at Selin Olmsted Eyewear Design Studio
- Nil Tüzün,Chief Creative Officer, Nilebrand Hospitality, Inc. & Creative Director, Alterra Worldwide
- Aydın Doğan Yalçındağ, CEO at Blu TV
- Dr. Yasemin Akış Yaman, Professor at Villanova University
- Gökçe Yıldırım, Sr. Staff Product Development Engineer at Stryker
- Yetkin Yüce, Product Manager for Innovation & Design at AMC Networks
The American Turkish Society's mission is to enhance business, economic, and cultural ties between Turkey and the United States. The Society convenes leaders in government, business, and civil society to discuss and advance U.S.-Turkish relations; fosters understanding and cooperation between the two countries through education, cultural exchange, philanthropy, and networking; informs the American public about Turkey's current affairs, economy, history, and society; presents and supports programs highlighting Turkish arts and culture; and nurtures the next generation of leaders through its Young Society Leaders program. Founded in 1949 by a group of visionaries, The American Turkish Society is the oldest American institution dedicated to building bridges between the United States and Turkey in order to achieve common goals of peace and prosperity.The American Turkish Society is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization, registered in New York State. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
SOURCE The American Turkish Society