LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- After a highly competitive second year, which innovations took the baby tech world by storm? The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents, in partnership with Living in Digital Times (LIDT), producers of the new Baby Tech Summit at CES, today announced the winners of the second annual The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards at CES® 2017. The winners, recognized for their leading innovations in fertility, pregnancy and baby technology, were honored at an awards ceremony hosted by The Bump and Randi Zuckerberg, digital lifestyle expert and host of SiriusXM's "Dot Complicated," on the LIDT Stage at CES Tech West.
According to The Bump Moms & Tech survey, 76% of moms say they consider technology an important factor when shopping for baby products, with a majority saying technology gives them peace of mind. Keeping pace with the attitudes of millennial moms and the tremendous growth of the baby tech vertical, this year's awards program saw a 36% increase in submissions from last year.
"As the leading pregnancy and parenting resource for millennial parents, we're thrilled to bring our highly sought-after Best of Baby Awards to the world's largest consumer electronics show, CES, for a second year in a row," said Julia Wang, head of digital content for The Bump. "There were an incredible number of impressive baby tech innovations to choose from, and today's winners represent the best of the best products that are changing the world of parenting."
"The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards winners are the products that will have the greatest impact on parenting in the years ahead, making it easier and enabling parents to stay connected and better informed every step of the way," said Jill Gilbert, producer of the Baby Tech Summit. "Announcing the winners live on stage at CES provides an opportunity for these innovators to showcase their work in front of the world's leaders in technology."
The Bump Best of Baby Tech Award Winners
- Naya Smart Breast Pump is as fast and hygienic as the leading hospital grade pumps. With HydroComfort Technology® it's quiet and gentle to help moms relax and pump 29% more breast milk in the same amount of time.
Baby Learn and Play
- Think & Learn Code-a-pillar™ is a learning toy caterpillar for ages three and up that encourages experimentation while developing coding fundamentals like sequencing and critical thinking skills.
- Winnie is an app that helps parents find great places to go with their kids, restrooms with changing tables or places to breastfeed.
- Happiest Baby Snoo Smart Sleeper boosts sleep with gentle movements, helping babies learn healthier sleep patterns. Based on founder Dr. Harvey Karp's 5 S's calming method, the Snoo's responsive robotic system soothes upset babies with increasing levels of white noise and womb-like motion.
Fertility and Pregnancy
- Ava is a fertility tracking bracelet that monitors sleep, stress and menstrual cycle in a single device worn only at night, and detects five fertile days per cycle in real time.
- Owlet Baby Health & Wellness Monitor is a smart sock monitor with new features including an innovative new sock design, 8x range increase, and a Connected Care platform that tracks infant's heart rate and oxygen levels and alerts parents if levels fall outside present zones.
- Kaishi is a fetal heart-rate monitor that allows expecting families to listen to the baby's heartbeat on their phone and share it over social media.
A complete list of the winners can be viewed The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards.
Results were based on a compilation of online votes and expert judges. The judging panel included:
Dr. Taz Bhatia, MD, Integrative Health Expert, Owner of Centre Spring MD + Pediatrics
Simon Isaacs, Co-founder and Chief Content Officer, Fatherly
Debbie Sterling, Founder & CEO, GoldieBlox
Jeana Tahnk, Family Tech Expert, Top Tech Mom
Julia Wang, Head of Digital Content, The Bump
Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media
Tweet this: The wait is over! @TheBump #BestofBaby Tech Award winners at #CES2017 are http://bit.ly/22wiI2u #BabyTech
About The Bump
The Bump is the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, providing a mobile-first experience, real-time expert advice, diverse lifestyle content and time-saving tools for parents on-the-go. As the go-to destination for first-time parents, The Bump utilizes its single-list technology to aggregate and sync baby registries from multiple retailers onto one, easy to use list for parents who are managing their registries and those buying for baby. The Bump is part of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), the premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between. Follow The Bump on social media @TheBump.
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, Kids@Play, Family Tech Summit, TransformingEDU, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing, Robots on the Runway and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Appreneur Scholar awards program for budding mobile entrepreneurs, as well as the 10 Under 20: Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations in New York City. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, the technology trade association representing the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-best-pregnancy-and-baby-tech-products-at-ces-2017-announced-by-the-bump-and-living-in-digital-times-300386666.html
SOURCE Living in Digital Times