SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Black Tux, the premium online rental tuxedo destination known for its modern, stylish and innovative approach to formal wear, announces an exclusive retail partnership with Nordstrom as well as the opening of six shop-in-shop showrooms in select Nordstrom stores across the United States.
"Partnering with Nordstrom allows us to bring our streamlined process, improved fit and increased quality to more customers. Nordstrom's commitment to customer experience makes them an ideal partner as we scale to be the largest suit and tuxedo rental brand in the US," said Andrew Blackmon, co-founder of The Black Tux.
In addition to The Black Tux's stylish range of tuxedos and accessories for every type of event, Nordstrom customers will also experience The Black Tux's style and fit expertise to make for a completely reimagined tuxedo rental process. All of the shop-in-shops will feature The Black Tux's two-button notch lapel tuxedo in black and one-button peak lapel tuxedo in midnight blue, which will be available for customers to try-on in store. The newest seasonal collections will also be available showcasing The Black Tux's wide range of styles. Shirts and a broad selection of accessories will also be available to complete the full look.
"Our partnership with The Black Tux gives us an additional opportunity to bridge the convenience of the digital world to our physical stores. The new service combines ease with expert tailoring and styling, all in one place," said Paige Thomas, Men's Merchandise Manager at Nordstrom. "We know customers expect Nordstrom to deliver differentiated experiences along with relevant products and adding The Black Tux to our offering does just that."
Here is what customers can expect:
- The process begins online, where customers book an in-store style consultation.
- Next, they'll visit the store where they will be served by a The Black Tux ambassador. Each ambassador is extensively trained to ensure a perfect fit as well as lending their styling expertise to the experience.
- Once the consultation and fitting is completed, an online customer profile will be created that will store size information and tux/accessory choices. The customer can either order in-shop or at a later time at theblacktux.com.
- The tux will arrive two weeks prior to the event, offering ample time for the customer to try on and ensure the right fit. If the tux needs to be adjusted in any way, The Black Tux will ship a replacement garment free of charge.
- After the event has concluded, the customer can easily return the tux and accessories with the original delivery box and pre-paid postage.
The first shop launched March 24th at the Nordstrom Orange County location, and shops will expand to five additional locations (Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, and Denver).
Hi-res images available here.
About The Black Tux
The Black Tux is the premium online suit and tuxedo rental company, created to disrupt the antiquated men's formalwear industry known for ill-fitting, poor-quality suits and tuxedos. Founded in 2013 by friends Andrew Blackmon and Patrick Coyne who, out of frustration while preparing for Andrew's wedding, decided that men needed a better alternative to traditional tux and suit rental offerings. With showrooms in Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles in addition to its online site, The Black Tux offers customers the best quality product on the market with an exceptional fit and a seamless experience at a better price.
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion specialty retailer based in the U.S. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 350 stores in 40 states, including 123 full-line stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico; 216 Nordstrom Rack stores; two Jeffrey boutiques; and two clearance stores. Additionally, customers are served online through Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook. The company also owns Trunk Club, a personalized clothing service serving customers online at TrunkClub.com and its seven clubhouses. Nordstrom, Inc.'s common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN.
Paul + Williams
firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.925.4750
SOURCE The Black Tux