EAGAN, Minn., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation has awarded $1.7 million to date in 2014. Recent awards include funding in support of outreach, screening and application assistance to help uninsured people across the state enroll in state health care coverage programs; support for up to three Minnesota health impact assessment projects, training and capacity building; and early childhood development.
The organizations include:
- Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency, Virginia
- Children's Defense Fund, St. Paul
- Clearbrook-Gonvick School District, Clearbrook
- Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servicio (CLUES), Minneapolis
- HealthFinders Collaborative, Northfield
- Mahube-Otwa Community Action Partnership, Detroit Lakes
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid, St. Cloud
- Minnesota Council of Churches, Mankato
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, St. Paul
- Neighborhood Hub, Minneapolis
- Open Door Health Center, Mankato
- Pew Charitable Trusts
- Pillsbury United Communities, Minneapolis
- Portico Healthnet, St. Paul
- Western Community Action, Marshall
"We're pleased to be able to support the work of this diverse group of organizations," said Foundation Executive Director Carolyn Link. "Together we can help all Minnesotans reach their full health potential."
For more information on Blue Cross' grantmaking programs, visit bcbsmnfoundation.org or call (651) 662-3950 or toll free at 1-866-812-1593.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation exclusively dedicates its assets to improving health in Minnesota, awarding more than $37 million since it was established in 1986. The Foundation's purpose is to make a healthy difference in people's lives by improving the community conditions that affect the health of children and families.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota Foundation is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
SOURCE Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation