DE SOTO, Kan., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chinet® brand, makers of premium disposable tableware, is pleased to present food gift tips for the holiday hostess. The season is filled with festive gatherings hosted by good friends and loving family. So why show up empty-handed? Spread some holiday cheer by putting together a thoughtful food gift for the host or hostess to show how much you care. As much as they love to entertain guests, every host likes to be appreciated. Below are some fun ideas and tips to help make hostess gift-giving a cinch this season.
- Bake-it-forward: Pick up a few of your favorite dessert mixes and include a local jam or other topping for a special touch. Add a baking spatula and wrap it up in Chinet® Bakeware® for a holiday food gift that is simple and stress-free yet oh so yummy.
- The Dessert Kit: It's hard to beat a holiday gift basket, especially with a fun and unique theme. Try starting with a delicious dessert wine, and add items that complement such as fruit, nuts, cheeses and a paring knife. Instead of a basket, deliver on a small wooden cutting board and include a small package of Chinet® Cut Crystal® dessert plates for easy, elegant serving and quick clean up.
- Seasonings Greetings: Gather a variety of savory spices to make a seasoning mix perfect for holiday cooking. Try using dried thyme, paprika, dry mustard, and onion powder to make for a colorful concoction layered in a Chinet® Cut Crystal® cup. Wrap it in cellophane with a festive ribbon and some jingle bells. This makes for a nice vibrant DIY gift that can easily be prepared in bulk at the beginning of the season. When it comes time for a party, just grab one and go!
- Jam on: This is as simple as it gets, yet a small thoughtful touch that goes a long way. Wrap a pair of mini baguettes with a small jar of jam and a festive linen dish towel. It makes for an immediate no-fuss appetizer and the hostess is left with a useful kitchen staple.
- Hot Chai: Hosting a holiday get-together can be stressful. Give the gift of relaxation by gathering the dry ingredients for a homemade chai tea and package them up in a basket with Comfort Cup® by Chinet®. Check out one of our favorite recipes here. Short on time? No problem. Just pick up a premade chai tea mix, grab a few Comfort Cups by Chinet and place in a basket or a gift bag. She will be grateful either way!
About the Chinet® Brand
The Chinet® brand, leading manufacturer of premium disposable tableware made in America since the 1930s, is based in De Soto, Kan. The Chinet® brand family of products includes Classic White™ plates, bowls, napkins and tablecovers, Cut Crystal® cups and plates, Comfort Cup® by Chinet® insulated hot cups and lids, Chinet® Bakeware® baking pans, and premium plastic plates, cups and bowls. Chinet® products are environmentally-friendly, either made from recycled materials, biodegradable in home composting or recyclable. For more information, please visit www.mychinet.com.
Media Contact: Stacey Wilson
(615) 244-5720 x385
SOURCE Chinet® Brand