FORT WORTH, Texas, Feb. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Enabling U.S. Air Force pilots to dominate decisively in air warfare, through a cockpit nexus of sensor and data fusion capabilities is a priority of Elbit Systems of America, LLC. The company will feature an innovative suite of intelligent pilot interfaces, precision munition seekers and advanced aircraft threat detection systems at the annual Air Force Association's Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exhibition, February 21-23 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Fla. These advanced capabilities serve to advance pilot situational awareness, aircraft survivability, moving/static target precise engagement, and mission effectiveness in day/night/degraded visual environments.
"Elbit Systems of America is the innovation leader in integrating the multi-dimensional, connected aspects of air operations into the cockpit," stated Raanan Horowitz, president and chief executive officer of Elbit Systems of America. "The capabilities we offer are at the center of sensor and data fusion for the pilot. We offer pilots 5th generation situational awareness across multiple aircraft platforms."
Examples of the company's advanced capabilities and solutions that will be highlighted in the Elbit Systems of America exhibit (booth 403) include:
- Enhanced situational awareness during day, night and in degraded visual environments. Through the integration of leading technologies from across the Elbit Systems enterprise, we bring generationally advanced capabilities to the fight. Our advanced situational awareness and decision support solutions focus on all aspects of sensing, processing, and displaying to provide pilots the decisive edge.
- Building and integrating a suite of sensors, optimized for the mission.
- Sensor/data fusion resulting in more robust detection, classification, and tracking in all environments.
- Advanced processing techniques and machine learning provide improved threat detection and decision support.
- Architectural approach enables the seamless integration of computer generated entities, leading to more realistic training.
- Early missile warning threat detection and improved aircraft survivability. The combat-proven IR Missile Warning System for the F-16 aircraft provides pilots earlier and improved situational awareness of threats. The company integrates its missile warning and threat detection systems with our leading helmet mounted display capabilities to bring 5th generation pilotage capability into the cockpits of 4th generation aircraft.
- Laser seekers for PGMs enable precise engagement of both moving and static targets. Elbit Systems of America's small, lightweight precision munition seekers are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets. Laser seekers and sensors provide increased accuracy and flexibility and minimize potential for collateral damage.
- Cost-effective Advanced Crew Station (ACS) processes critical data. The F-15 next-generation cockpit solution reduces the pilot's workload by providing critical data for flight, navigation and mission. The ACS optimizes tactical situation displays, processes advanced applications, and provides high-definition formats for advanced sensor video presentations.
- Total Aircrew Situation Awareness for improved effectiveness. The C-17 Replacement Head Up Display (RHUD) improves the effectiveness and capability of a legacy system with an advanced upgrade. Upgrades for head-up displays, large area displays, and enhanced vision systems improve situational awareness and flight safety for airlift/tanker aircraft and of the aircrews.
- Health monitoring capabilities for pilots. Non-invasive, real-time monitoring of pilot vital signs provides early warning and training for hypoxia and high G-force conditions. The Canary Pilot Health Monitoring system is fully integrated into Elbit Systems of America's line of next-generation HMDs.
- Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost. The company offers contractor logistic support services and cockpit upgrades for military aircraft platforms. These include site and depot level maintenance, material management, engineering services, aircraft modifications, and cockpit upgrades that sustain aircraft mission readiness. Additionally, Elbit Systems of America's subsidiary, M-7 Aerospace LLC, is the type certificate owner and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for the RC-26/Metro aircraft.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT) and (TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright ©2018 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward‑looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward‑looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward‑looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward‑looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC