NEW YORK, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, TheStreet's (NASDAQ: TST) institutional business, today announced candidates for the Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers Awards. Now in their seventh year, the awards recognize successful dealmaking teams at transaction-intensive corporations in ten industry sectors. The selection process for contenders is overseen by The Deal's senior editors assessing corporate dealmaking effectiveness over the past calendar year of transaction history as reported by The Deal Pipeline, The Deal's transaction information service.
"It's no secret that the dealmaking community is always closely watching their competitors, and potential partners alike," said Jeffrey Kanige, Editor in Chief of The Deal. "The Deal's Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers Awards celebrate that spirit of competition by shining a light on the most remarkable teams and inviting their peers to help decide which dealmakers are the most admired."
The online survey will solicit responses from M&A dealmaking peers of the candidates —corporate executives, financial sponsors, investment bankers, lawyers and management consultants —over the next several months. Participants will be asked to rank each of the contenders' dealmaking teams.
Winners will be announced November 17, 2014 and recognized at the Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers Awards Dinner held at NASDAQ on December 4, 2014 during The Deal Economy Event.
The candidates are:
- Chemicals Category: Mosaic Co., Huntsman Corp., A. Schulman Inc.
- Consumer Category: Jarden Corp., Revlon Inc., CVSL Inc., Stratasys Ltd., Post Holdings Inc.
- Energy Category: Spectra Energy Partners LP, Devon Energy Corp., Regency Energy Partners LP, MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co., First Solar Inc.
- Financial Category: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd., Morgan Stanley
- Healthcare Category: Amgen Inc., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Perrigo Co., Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Manufacturing Category: Koch Industries Inc., Scientific Games Corp., Textron Inc., Emerson Electric Co., TriMas Corp.
- Retail Category: Kroger Co., Iconix Brand Group Inc., Sysco Corp., Men's Wearhouse Inc., Sequential Brands Group Inc.
- Technology Category: Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., Yahoo! Inc., Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc.
- Telecommunications Category: Liberty Global Inc., Dish Network Corp., American Tower Corp., Verizon Wireless, AT&T Inc.
- Utilities Category: Dynegy Inc., NRG Energy Inc., Laclede Group Inc., Teco Energy Inc., MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co.
For more information, please visit www.thedeal.com/mostadmired/.
About The Deal The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, has been serving corporate dealmakers, advisers and institutional investors the most sophisticated analysis of the deal economy since 1999. Our transaction information service, The Deal Pipeline, is powered by a newsroom of senior journalists who offer proprietary research and reporting across M&A, bankruptcies, auctions and financings. It includes a breaking news service, First Take; daily and weekly sector newsletters; The Daily Deal, a 2x daily report of the day's top stories; a research center with over a decade's worth of intelligence and a database of over 100,000 deals; and an iPad & iPhone app. Our marketing & media services group produces the industry's leading M&A forecasting event, The Deal Economy, held annually in New York City in addition to industry webcasts and integrated marketing programs. For more information, visit www.thedeal.com.
CONTACT: Erin Corcoran 212-321-5566 email@example.com
SOURCE The Deal