NEW YORK, July 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet (NASDAQ: TST), will bring its popular forecasting conference to Chicago for the first time this fall to examine the outlook for deal activity in the middle market. Senior executives, influential dealmakers and investors will gather for The Deal Economy Chicago Conference at the University Club on September 24 to discuss how despite uncertainty, transactions in the middle market have remained strong and will it continue through 2018.
- Patrick Burns, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Dover Corporation
- Brad Charchut, Managing Director, Credit, Bain Capital Credit, LP
- Michael Hollander, Principal, GTCR
- John Mims, Vice President, Corporate Development, Echo Global Logistics, Inc.
- Mark Nicholson, Vice President, Corporate Development, Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- J. Daniel Plants, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Voce Capital Management
- Sheryl Schwartz, Managing Director, Caspian Private Equity
- Kurt Summers, Treasurer, City of Chicago
- Elizabeth Williams, Senior Vice President Strategy and Corporate Development, Tenneco Inc.
"Dealmaking is in one of its hottest stretches since the financial crisis and M&A in the middle market, in particular, remains as active ever," said Michael D. Brown, Co-Editor of The Deal. "From large corporates in search of new and exciting ideas to big-name PE funds and activist investors looking to smaller companies for better returns, just about everyone is eyeing a piece of the middle market. The Deal Economy Conference will shed light on the latest trends and tactics."
The agenda will delve into the sectors and transactions types that are seeing the most growth:
- Examining the Tech Explosion in the M&A Market
- Shareholder Activism: It's Not Just a Large-Cap Issue
- Private Equity in the Middle Market: Thinking Small to Grow Big
- Winning Strategies for Corporate Dealmakers and Special Situations
For more information including the full agenda and speaker roster, please visit www.thedeal.com/dechicago. And follow the social conversation via @TheDealNewsroom.
Supporters of The Deal Economy Chicago Conference include ACA Aponix; Aon; Edelman; Goodwin; Fasken, McDermott Will and Emery; Innisfree and Valuation Research Corporation. For information on how your organization can participate, please contact Jonathan McReynolds at 212.321.5259 (email@example.com).
The conference will be covered by The Deal and is open to outside media.
About The Deal
The Deal (www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), an unbiased source of business news and market analysis for investors and BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers.
Contact: Nicole Harris, 212-321-5567, nharris at thedeal.com
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.