SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2017 FileMaker State of the Custom App Report examines how citizen developers are creating custom apps to solve real business challenges and increase job satisfaction. The global report, released today, is based on surveys of hundreds of citizen developers across North America, Japan and Europe.
The report provides insight into how these individuals are using custom apps to drive better end results. Those surveyed said they didn't consider themselves to be IT professionals and developing custom apps wasn't their full-time job.
Download the 2017 FileMaker State of the Custom App Report.
Key findings of the report include:
- Citizen developers are proactive problem solvers
- 83 percent wanted to create a better way to work
- 48 percent saw an increase in satisfaction at work
- Custom apps can be developed quickly and solve diverse business challenges
- 82 percent of users saw a reduction in inefficient tasks
- 46 percent of apps were up and running in less than four weeks
- Businesses of all sizes are creating and using custom apps
- 25 percent are large businesses (1000+ employees)
- 23 percent are medium-sized businesses (100-999 employees)
- 52 percent are small businesses (5-99 employees)
Ann Monroe, vice president, worldwide marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: "Citizen developers are using custom apps to solve everyday business problems to change the way they work. At FileMaker, we're proud to be part of this journey."
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. www.filemaker.com
© 2017 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker, FileMaker Go and the file folder logo are registered trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. FileMaker WebDirect is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars and subject to change without notice.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-filemaker-2017-state-of-the-custom-app-report-reveals-citizen-developers-are-improving-business-processes-300394245.html
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.