MONTICELLO, Ga., April 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Foster care agencies across the nation are struggling with the process of recruiting new foster parents. While the number of children being placed into foster care continues to rise in many states across the nation, it seems that the number of foster parents and homes is declining, and growing less.
The AT HOME Virtual Foster Parent Intake and Orientation Online Program provides agencies with specific steps needed to ensure that new foster and resource parents are provided expert and credible training during the Intake and Orientation process. When agencies gain access to the AT HOME Virtual Foster Parent Intake and Orientation Online Program, they have access to 15 specially created and designed foster parent AT HOME orientation webinars. In addition, agencies and new foster parents are granted complete access to the 110+ page book, Foster Parent Intake and Orientation.
This innovative program is designed to help agencies better recruit and train new foster and resource parents and provide online intake, orientation, and training. This program is designed to be used in conjuncture and in partnership with each agency's own intake and orientation program and policies, as agencies attend to home inspections, finger printing, and background checks.
Benefits of the AT HOME Virtual Foster Parent Intake and Orientation Online Program include:
- Enhancing trauma-informed parenting information and skills
- Focusing on the impact of fostering on birth and other children who are members of prospective foster families
- Standardizing the content and quality of training
- Reducing parent costs, travel, and time away from home
- Increasing staff time to provide one-on-one support
- Providing new foster parents the ability and opportunity learn at their own pace and time
- Providing in-depth and extensive training without taking up in-person meeting time
- Using proven effective training techniques
- Increasing training opportunities for staff
- Adapting to local requirements for each individual agency
- Access to Foster Parent Intake and Orientation book
- Access to Foster Parent Documentation templates, ready to print out for use for today's foster and resource parents
- Access to 15 post quizzes as a continuing learning tool
The AT HOME Virtual Foster Parent Intake and Orientation Online Program is designed for foster care agencies to use over a 5 week/ 3 session course of Intake and Orientation training. Each session comprises of three 30-minute Intake and Orientation training webinars. Each Intake and Orientation training webinar is accompanied with a quiz as a follow up tool for continuing learning.
Sessions include some of the following: Anxieties and Disorders, Child Development, Trauma Informed Parenting, Working with Birth Parents, Anger Management, Loss and Grief, and many more.
Advantages of the AT HOME Virtual Foster Parent Intake and Orientation Online Program:
- Payment plan available upon request
- Thoroughly researched training from recognized leading expert in foster care
- Easy access to webinars, quizzes, certificates, and books
- Easy access to the library of resources at The Foster Care Institute
- Technical support from The Foster Care Institute
Want more information? Whether you need help with recruiting, retaining, or creating your own foster parent training guide, contact Dr. John DeGarmo at The Foster Care Institute today.
SOURCE The Foster Care Institute