KEY WEST, Fla., March 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Gates Hotel Key West, the island's newest independent hotel, is officially opening its "gates" to guests and locals on April 1, 2015, with rates starting at $249/night. Operated by Highgate Hotels, The Gates combines refined luxury, modern design, organic touches and Floridian flare to recreate the verve of Hemingway's "old school Key West." With its authentic island ambiance, residential-style interiors, Prohibition-themed drinking, food truck cuisine and splashy pool deck scene, The Gates celebrates Key West's colorful history and creative spirit.
A departure from traditional hospitality in the Keys, The Gates is the first of a "new wave" of hotels focused on chic, yet comfortable hospitality in Key West. Amenities, design and participation from local artisans and brands are among the keys to The Gates' authentic personality, appeal and sense of place, including:
- Key West First Legal Rum Distillery - Through their partnership with The Gates, First Legal Rum is featured in Rum Row's signature cocktails including the hotel's welcome cocktail. Exclusive tours, on-property experiences and amenities will also be sponsored by the distillery.
- The Blind Pig - Located within Rum Row, The Blind Pig is The Gates' signature food truck serving a tapas-style selection of regional Cuban, Bahamian, Caribbean and Floridian flavors—also known as "conch fusion."
- Rodriguez Cigar Factory - Rodriguez cigars are sold at The Gates for guests to enjoy in the on-property Rodriguez Cigar Garden.
- Martone Cycling Co. - The fashion and design-driven company has teamed up with The Gates to create custom-designed blue and white bikes specific to the hotel. The bikes feature built in baskets and Martone's signature red chain.
- De La Gallery - One of the most notable design elements of The Gates is a collection of striking imagery by award-winning photographer Jorge de la Torriente of De La Gallery in Key West.
With a minimalist design that is culturally connected to the island, The Gates' common areas and guest rooms feature pops of color and showcase original photography by award-winning local photographer Jorge de la Torriente of De La Gallery. The guest rooms display a modern yet rustic vibe with exposed whitewashed beams, custom platform beds of hand-washed cypress and hand-selected rugs.
Acting as "The Gates" to Key West, the hotel is located at the point of entry of Key West on North Roosevelt Boulevard. The location affords easy access to everything on island, including Duval Street, Mallory Square and more. From renting bicycles and scooters at the hotel to touring eccentric art galleries, famous bars and enjoying off the beaten path dining, it's easy to discover the natural beauty and vibrant "Conch" culture that has inspired everyone from Ernest Hemingway to President Truman. The concierge can also arrange yoga, Pilates and spa services from area studios, local adventures including seaplane tours, catamaran sailing, parasailing, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, eco-tours, golf and more.
To learn more visit www.gateshotelkeywest.com or call 305-320-0930.
About The Gates Hotel Key West
The Gates Hotel Key West offers guests an authentic Key West experience, embracing the diversity of culture that makes this southernmost island incomparable. Combining residential inspired design, regionally-inspired dining and drinking, a lively pool deck and creative local partnerships, the 245-room hotel provides a festive island getaway for guests and locals alike.
About Highgate Holdings LLC
Highgate Hotels is a leading independent and fully integrated hospitality management company. Founded in 1988, the firm has acquired individually and with partners, more than 80 hotel properties. Highgate Hotels presently owns and/or operates a portfolio of more than 24,000 rooms located primarily in major gateway markets including New York City, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston, Miami and Honolulu. Highgate's Lifestyle Division of Hotels, focuses on luxury and lifestyle properties. In New York City, in addition to the Gates Hotel Key West, the division operates, The Quin, WestHouse New York, Park Central, NYLO NYC, The ROW NYC and soon to also debut, The Knickerbocker Hotel.
For More Media Information:
Alycia Rea / Taylor Newsome
The Zimmerman Agency
SOURCE The Gates Hotel Key West