NEW YORK, Dec. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- • The global market for cancer stem cells will grow from $745 million in 2017 to $1.9 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.2% for the period of 2017-2022.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05257940
• Leukemia stem cells market will grow from $240 million in 2017 to $606 million by 2022 with a CAGR of 20.4% for the period of 2017-2022.
• Breast cancer stem cell market will grow from $171 million in 2017 to $449 million by 2022 with a CAGR of 21.3% for the period of 2017-2022.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Study Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of this study are to:
- Define as well as identify key market segments and market structure in cancer stem cells technologies.
- Measure as well as estimate the global cancer stem cells market and its market segments, which include cancer type and geographic segmentation.
- Identify key market dynamics and the factors impacting the global cancer stem cells market and its subsegments.
- Identify the trends, gaps, and opportunities in each of the micromarkets.
- Focus extensively on geographic segmentation. Analyze trends and opportunities in major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and the Rest of the World (ROW).
- Identify major stakeholders, product portfolio and recent developments and draw a competitive landscape for the market leaders.
Reasons for Doing This Study
Cancer stem cells are most commonly found at the site of cancer and can hinder the conventional cancer therapy and protect the cells from being destroyed by treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy. These cancer stem cells are also the major cause of cancer recurrence after conventional therapeutics. Thus, it is important to thoroughly study the various factors that affect the growth and development of cancer stem cells. These factors such as cell markers and microenvironment niche can be used as targets and their inhibitor could be used in combination with conventional therapies, which will help to improve the efficiency of the therapy and help to completely eradicate the cancer cells completely.
Scope of Report
This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the global cancer stem cells market by cancer type and geographic markets. The report includes key inhibitors that affect various factors that help in growth of cancer stem cells. The report discusses the role of supply chain members from manufacturers to researchers. The report has an in-depth analysis of key companies operating in the global cancer stem cells market. In-depth patent analysis in the report will focus on providing extensive technological trends across years and geographies such as the U.S., Europe, and China.
The cancer stem cells market is mainly segmented into two major components: cancer type and geography. Based on cancer type, the market is segmented into lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, leukemia, melanoma, prostate cancer, brain cancer, bone cancer, and other types of cancer. The market is segmented by geography into the North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and ROW.
Information Sources and Methodology The global cancer stem cells market was assessed and calculated through a bottom-up approach that involved identifying the market revenues of the micro-markets that make up the macro-markets.
The following process was followed to ensure quality and consistency of estimates.
- In-depth primary and secondary research was conducted.
- Primary research included gathering intelligence from key market players. The participants of the interviews included CEOs, key opinion leaders, product heads, and directors.
- Secondary research not only included collation of data from freely available sources but also paid subscriptions from specialized industry magazines and websites.
- To best assure triangulation of market estimates, the derived values were again validated through primary research.
- Key factors considered during market estimations were price, volumes, incidence and prevalence rates, number of procedures, etc.
- The geographic segmentation was assessed through various parameters such as the incidence and prevalence rates, the extent of research activity occurring in that geography and future potential.
Intended Audience The intended audience for this report includes:
- Manufacturers and potential entrants developing inhibitors to eradicate the cancer stem cells.
- Dealers and distributors of cancer stem cell products.
- Research institutes, associations, and academicians.
In this report, the geographic regions considered for market analysis include, and only include:
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of the world (RoW)
- Saudi Arabia
Cancer Stem Cells, by Cancer Type
Other Types of Cancer
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Cancer stem cells (CSCs) have properties similar to normal stem cells and have the ability to produce all cell types found in a single type of cancer. These cells are tumorigenic and have the ability to generate tumors through self-renewal and differentiation. CSCs are believed to occur in tumors as a distinct population and produce new tumors by relapse and metastasis.
Therefore, development of specific therapies targeted at CSCs holds hope for improvement of survival and quality of life of cancer patients, especially for patients with metastatic disease. Cancer stem cells are rare forms of immortal cells that occur in a tumor and give rise to many cell types that constitute the tumor. These cells have been found in a range of human tumors and are a potential approach as targets for cancer treatment. Most anticancer therapies inhibit cancer cell growth by causing cancer cells to die. Although these treatments appear to be successful, the disease reoccurs in some cases.
Major factors contributing to the market growth are a rise in the incidence and mortality rate of cancer worldwide and increased R&D activities associated with the development of these therapies. The rise in incidence of cancer globally has increased the requirement of a reliable and effective therapy that will completely eliminate the cancer cells in the body and reduce the risk of relapse or metastasis in the patient.
Thus, there is a rise in the cancer research activities and rise in funding for the advancement of technology. The rise in R&D activities will help to improve the knowledge of the researchers regarding CSCs and how these can be used as targets to improve the efficiency of conventional cancer therapies. However, ethical issues related to stem cells and high costs related to cancer stem cell therapeutics could hamper the market growth. Successful implementation of CSCs therapeutics in animal models during preclinical trials will help to open new avenues for the market growth.
The cancer stem cells market is segmented based on geographic region and cancer type, namely, lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, leukemia, melanoma, prostate cancer, brain cancer, bone cancer, and other types of cancer. The leukemia segment is the largest contributor towards the market growth due to the introduction of CSC therapy that could be used for the treatment of leukemia. However, brain cancer is expected to be the fastest growing segment.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05257940
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001