LONDON, Nov. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5214675
The global polycystic ovarian syndrome treatment market is expected to reach USD 5.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
According to the Centers of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is the most common cause of female infertility. Approximately 6% to 12% women of reproductive age suffer from PCOS in the U. S. Moreover, progression of this condition can lead to metabolic abnormalities, which may result in development of type 2 diabetes, if the syndrome is not treated on time. The severity of the disorder increases the risk of developing uterine and endometrial cancers in patients. Thus, early diagnosis and effective treatment are significant for successful recovery.
Presently, no specific drug is commercially available for this condition. Thus, treating symptoms is the prime aim of the treatment regimen. Owing to the various symptoms associated with this syndrome, a range of drug class/combinations is used in the treatment. Therefore, market leaders are focusing on developing a specific drug/treatment to cure the root cause of this disease. AstraZeneca is one of the leaders involved in developing such a drug.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
• Constantly rising prevalence of PCOS is primarily driving the growth of this market across the globe
• Initiatives undertaken by government bodies and market players to create awareness about benefits of early diagnosis and commercially available treatment for PCOS among women is boosting the market
• Treatment of PCOS mainly includes lifestyle modification through balanced diet, exercise, and drugs such as oral contraceptives, antiandrogens, insulin-sensitizing agents, anti-obesity agents, and antidepressants
• Surgical procedures such as ovarian wedge resection and laparoscopic ovarian drilling are preferred when patients do not respond to drug therapy
• Insulin-sensitizing agents segment is dominating the market since these drugs are widely used for treatment of insulin resistance to prevent diabetes, which is a risk associated with PCOS
• Oral Contraceptive Pills (OCPs) segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate followed by antiandrogen agents that are used for treating symptomatic conditions such as hirsutism and acne
• North America is dominating the market followed by Europe. High awareness and availability of advanced healthcare facilities are factors responsible for the dominant share held by this region
• Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period.Increasing government initiatives for raising awareness about symptoms & diagnosis of PCOS and available treatment are increasing the number of women being diagnosed with this syndrome in the region
• China is one of the most lucrative markets with tremendous growth opportunities for global as well as local players owing to presence of a large pool of obese female population, which is at high risk of PCOS
• Key players in the market include AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Merck KGaA, Abbott, Sanofi, Pfizer, Inc., Bristol-Myer Squibb Company, and Novartis AG. The market also includes other emerging players such as Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which are expected to grow significantly in the near future.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5214675
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48