PLANO, Texas, Aug. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At Home®, the home décor superstore, today announced its Back to Campus Priorities Survey, conducted in conjunction with BSM Media, to find out what students and moms are putting on the top of the shopping list this year.
More than 400 moms and students were surveyed nationally to identify top priorities this college move-in season. Of note:
- Moms and Students Don't Always Agree: 64 percent of moms claim they're making purchasing decisions with their students, but they aren't always aligned with what's needed. Moms put pragmatic items like towels and storage bins at the forefront, while students gravitated toward tech needs and aesthetics like tablets, TVs, lamps and wall hangings.
- Similar Looks for Less: 29 percent of moms are hoping to stick to a strict budget this year, and 27 percent are looking for high-quality looks at a fraction of the cost. The good news for Mom—At Home offers high style on a low budget.
- Blues and Earth Hues: Nautical blue and earth tones are the two top color schemes students are going for this year. At Home suggests its Airscape products for those looking for blue inspiration and to complement blues with whites and grays. Students wanting a neutral palate can look to At Home's Chic Free Spirit line for earth hues that go well with muted pinks, golds, feathers and fur.
- Internet Inspiration Sensation: To no surprise, nearly 70 percent of moms admitted to finding inspiration to decorate their student's rooms via retail sites. Secondary to retail sites, 62 percent of moms go on Pinterest.
- The To-Do List Isn't Finished by Move Time: Only 54 percent of moms will shop at stores in their hometowns before the big move, meaning preparation like At Home's Campus Planning Tool checklist may come in handy for last-minute shopping.
- Biggest Challenge is Space: Dorm rooms have students worried about what goes where as availability of space is top of mind when it comes to college housing.
ABOUT AT HOME®:
At Home, the home décor superstore, is focused on providing customers with the broadest assortment of home décor products to suit any style, at any budget, for any reason to redecorate. With a wide assortment of 50,000 items throughout our stores, At Home enables customers to express themselves and create a home that reflects their personality and style, in ways big and small. At Home is headquartered in Plano, Texas. For more information, visit the company on http://www.athome.com or find us on Facebook (AtHomeStores), Instagram (AtHomeStores) or Pinterest (AtHomeStores).
SOURCE At Home