NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced the launch of The History of Howard Stern: Act IV, the highly anticipated fourth chapter in the award-winning series that offers an unprecedented celebration and rare behind-the-scenes look at the life, career and achievements of Howard Stern.
The History of Howard Stern: Act III (originally broadcast in December 2009) concluded with the big announcement from 1996 that Howard would be making a film version of his bestselling book, Private Parts. The History of Howard Stern: Act IV picks up with an exclusive behind the scenes look at the making of the hit movie, with brand-new commentary from legendary producer Ivan Reitman and co-stars Mary McCormack, Academy Award ®-nominee Paul Giamatti and others.
The History of Howard Stern: Act IV premieres December 20 and airs through December 31 on Howard 100 and Howard 101—beginning at 6:00 am ET on Howard 100 and 6:00 am PT on Howard 101. The History of Howard Stern: Act IV will air in 10 separate original parts, with one new installment airing each weekday and encore performances all day, nightly and throughout the weekend on Howard 100. Howard 100 and Howard 101 are available on XM Radio as part of "The Best of SIRIUS" and online at www.sirius.com.
Narrated by Jim Forbes, the famed voice of Vh1's Behind the Music, The History of Howard Stern: Act IV features extensive audio from Howard's personal vault plus exclusive interviews and commentary from Howard, The Stern Show Staff, friends, family, former colleagues as well as the celebrities who have witnessed Stern's meteoric rise to superstardom firsthand—including a rare interview with legendary late night host, David Letterman. Other entertainers featured in The History of Howard Stern: Act IV include Ben Stiller, Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Walters, Alec Baldwin, Quentin Tarantino, Snoop Dogg, William Shatner, John Stamos, Pamela Anderson, Kathy Griffin, David Arquette, Ryan Phillippe, Howie Mandel, Tracy Morgan, Gene Simmons, Ozzy Osbourne, and Courtney Love.
The History of Howard Stern: Act IV program highlights include:
- Memorable moments from the late 90's/early 2000's era of the Stern Show
- An in-depth look behind the scenes of the acclaimed film Private Parts, from the casting process and the filming to the larger than life premiere at Madison Square Garden in 1997. Exclusive first-hand accounts and backstage stories from the cast and crew.
- Rare in-studio interviews with JFK, Jr. and David Letterman
- Fred Norris and "The Rainbow Room incident"
- First appearances from show legends Artie Lange, Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, The Jesus Twins, Beetlejuice, KC Armstrong, Sal & Richard, Benjy Bronk, High Pitch Eric and other members of "The Wack Pack"
- Staff fights and famous feuds with celebrities like Rosie O'Donnell
- Howard's continuing battles with station management
- The Scott Salem Push Up Contest
- In-studio musical performances from Aerosmith, Green Day, and Goo Goo Dolls, plus Dave Grohl's original acoustic performance of "Everlong"
- Stories behind the Howard-produced F/X series, Son of the Beach
- Highlights and stories from the "drunk show" backstage at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards
- Gary's legendary "love tape"
- Howard Stern meets future wife Beth Ostrosky
- Archive interviews with Hollywood heavy-hitters Robert Duvall, George Clooney, Warren Beatty and James Caan
- Behind the scenes of staff band The Losers and their memorable performance on Magic Johnson's ill-fated talk show, The Magic Hour
- Truth behind Jackie Martling's departure from the Stern Show and the comedians who auditioned for his chair
- A look back at Howard's historic broadcast from September 11, 2001
Visit www.sirius.com/historyofhoward for a behind-the-scenes look at The History of Howard Stern: Act IV. SIRIUS XM's interactive show companion and timeline offers an overview of almost 50 hours of on-air programming, plus exclusive interviews from The Howard Stern Show staff, Howard's family, as well as insight from some of the biggest names in entertainment. In addition, the site features exclusive photos and behind-the-scenes commentary from the producers of the epic series. An embeddable link of The History of Howard Stern: Act IV movie-style poster and audio trailer is available at www.youtube.com/siriusxm.
About SIRIUS XM Radio
SIRIUS XM is America's satellite radio company, broadcasting more than 135 channels of commercial-free music, and premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather, and data services to more than 20 million subscribers in cars, trucks, boats and aircraft, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SIRIUS XM offers an array of content from some of the biggest names in entertainment, as well as from professional sports leagues, major colleges, and national news and talk providers. SIRIUS XM programming is also available at sirius.com and xmradio.com, and on Apple iPhone and iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android-powered mobile devices using the SIRIUS XM Premium Online App.
SIRIUS XM has arrangements with every major automaker and its radio products are available at retail locations nationwide, as well as shop.sirius.com and shop.xmradio.com.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, the combined company's plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of SIRIUS XM's management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of SIRIUS and XM. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement: our dependence upon automakers and other third parties, the substantial indebtedness of SIRIUS and XM; the useful life of our satellites; and our competitive position versus other forms of audio and video entertainment. Additional factors that could cause SIRIUS' and XM's results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in SIRIUS' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ending September 30, 2010 and XM's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ending September 30, 2010, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and SIRIUS and XM disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
SIRIUS XM Radio
SOURCE SIRIUS XM Radio