LOS ANGELES, June 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the U.S. government's withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, Hylink Digital (Hylink) has embraced the opportunity to step up its conservation efforts. The agency aims to lead the way out of its Santa Monica office and pledge to preserve the longevity of our beautiful environment.
While Hylink has opted for green alternatives, there are still many areas in which the company as a whole can reduce emissions and waste. Hylink has come together to determine quantifiable ways in which the company can make an impact and reduce its carbon footprint:
- Hylink will switch its office dishwasher to run on cold water only. This will keep the office from producing 280 pounds of CO2 per year, equivalent to about 300 miles driven by an average vehicle.
- Ten employees who live five miles or less from the office will commit to walking, biking or carpooling. This will cut an additional 23,400 pounds of emissions per year.
- Hylink will reduce paper consumption in the office by opting for hand dryers and/or replacing virgin-fiber paper towels with 100 percent recycled paper towels, cutting about 1,300 pounds of CO2 per year.
- By turning off the A/C for a few hours each day, 15 pounds of CO2 emissions per day or 3,900 pounds per year will be cut.
- Hylink will minimize ordering packaged goods. Packaging accounts for one-third of all trash produced, and 29 million tons of cardboard are generated annually. That's the equivalent of 493 million trees, or 1.5 trees per person, per year.
Preserving the environment and protecting the climate is of tantamount importance. As these changes take effect, within six months to a year, Hylink will have contributed to a reduction of about 28,800 pounds in CO2 emissions, the equivalent of 31,396 miles driven by the average car.
For more information, please contact:
Madelyn Fitzpatrick, Head of International PR
About Hylink Digital
Hylink Digital is China's largest, independent digital full service agency and has been ranked the #1 Digital Agency by China Internet (CI) Weekly Magazine for nine consecutive years in a row, 2009-2016. Headquartered in Beijing, the agency has a total of sixteen offices worldwide. For more information, visit or follow us on Twitter: @hylinkdigital.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-hylink-environmental-challenge---make-the-planet-great-again-300471643.html
SOURCE Hylink Digital