NEW YORK, Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The James, a hospitality brand synonymous with the seamless blend of modern, residentially styled, state-of-the-art technology and guest-centric service, today announced the opening of its New York luxury hotel, The James New York. The Soho luxury hotel, anchoring the southwest corner of Soho at Grand and Thompson Streets, is today accepting reservations at its 114 guestrooms and suites. In conjunction with the opening, the hotel is offering introductory rates starting from $349 and including in-room breakfast.
The Soho boutique hotel, designed by the Office for Design and Architecture (ODA) in collaboration with Perkins Eastman and custom interiors by Amanda Sullivan with The James Design team, blends elements of artistry and community throughout. Every detail of the hotel has been meticulously thought out from room numbers to the one-of-a-kind textiles and light fixtures selected by furniture curator Cristina Grajales.
"Our strategy was to identify a hospitality group with new ideas and fresh thinking," said Shai Shamir, managing director of Brack Capital Real Estate (BCRE), owner and developer of The James New York. "The James brand embodies the modern version of a luxury hotel with a strong focus on design and service, making it the perfect addition to the Soho hotel landscape."
In homage to the creative neighborhood it calls home, The James New York will feature a mix of local and international artists, both prominent and up-and-coming. The carefully curated art collection is reflective of the brand's commitment to the arts and is an extension of The James Chicago's extensive, cultural partnerships in Chicago.
"The stylish and culturally rich neighborhood of Soho is the ideal home for The James New York, providing a perfect backdrop for the brand's artful blend of exquisite hand-crafted design, seamlessly intuitive service and personalized comfort," said Brooke Barrett, co-CEO of Denihan Hospitality Group, owners and operators of The James brand.
Armed to be a top New York luxury hotel, The James New York will offer personalized comfort, generous complimentary amenities, custom-designed, modern furniture and impeccable service to create an environment that is ideal for both business and leisure travelers.
As well, environmentally thoughtful details can be found throughout the property, including reclaimed wood and rugs made from all-natural fibers. Additional features of the Soho luxury hotel, include:
- A luxurious Penthouse Loft on the 16th floor designed by renowned Dutch architect and interior designer, Piet Boon with expansive skyline views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges
- A state-of-the-art fully equipped gym with natural light and river views
- All in-room amenities from Intelligent Nutrients, a certified organic, food-based, natural beauty line
- State-of-the-art audio technology from Bowers & Wilkins, including Zeppelin I-pod docking stations and iPads loaded with customized local shopping and dining guides
- Complimentary bicycles courtesy of Public Bikes or use of the hotel's Lexus RX 400 hybrid vehicle.
A family-friendly and pet friendly New York hotel, The James New York offers a range of offerings for kids and pets alike, including pajama sets and Paul Frank coloring sheets. For guests traveling with their dogs, beds and doggy bowls will be provided by Soho-based pet retail shop Doggystyle, along with a specially-created amenity treat bag.
Lastly, the Soho boutique hotel offers luxurious, unique New York social spaces, all of which are dedicated to natural light and open space, two elements which are traditionally difficult to find in New York hotels. Social spaces include:
- The Sky Lobby, a third-floor glass-walled welcome and reception area, accessible by a glass elevator that transports guests from the ground floor entry to a private living room and business networking lounge
- A lush New York Urban Garden, replete with grass and botanicals and enclosed by industrial, concrete walls – a protective shell for the hidden greenery within
- An expansive outdoor, Garden Bar & Restaurant with comfortable seating arrangements amid park-like landscaping scheduled to open in Spring 2011.
- A modern indoor/outdoor special events and meeting room featuring a private entrance, state-of-the-art video conferencing and in-room private dining capabilities
- A stunning rooftop pool deck, bar and lounge with inspiring views of the city skyline, gorgeous architectural features and a glass enclosed all-season bar and lounge
To book your Soho boutique hotel room today or for more information regarding The James New York Opening Offering, view http://www.jameshotels.com/New-York.aspx.
ABOUT THE JAMES
In the realm of hospitality, The James hotel, with locations in Chicago and New York, are authentic, warmly modern, residentially-styled luxury hotels liberated from tradition. The brand's core philosophy is evident in each of the ideally situated property's design aesthetic, culture and personal, intuitive service. The James New York will debut September 2010 as a stylish alternative for the discerning business and leisure traveler and is located near the corner of Grand and Thompson Streets. The James New York will feature unique special event spaces, engaging guestrooms and seasonally rotating artwork throughout.
ABOUT BRACK CAPITAL REAL ESTATE-USA
Brack Capital Real Estate-USA (BCRE), part of the Brack Capital Group, is a real estate firm with global holdings. BCRE is a leading international owner, developer and manager of large-scale real estate projects and related M&A activities. Over the past fourteen years, BCRE has acted as a principal in investments of over $7 billion, primarily in the US and Europe. BCRE, the owner and developer of the new NYC James Hotel in Soho, owns and manages a number of real estate developments in New York and Florida. The company is known for its meticulous restoration and renovation of properties such as 90 West Street, the Cass Gilbert designed landmark damaged during 9/11. Other projects include 15 Union Square West, the new architecturally significant residential condominium and former headquarters of Tiffany & Co. in New York, the landmark Olcott at 27 West 72 Street, Element at 555 West 59th Street, 230 Riverside Drive, 240 East 27th Street, 150 East 85th Street, The Chartwell House at 1760 Second Avenue, the 298-room Hilton Garden Inn at 63 West 35th Street, and The Greystone, a 420-unit luxury rental apartment at 212 West 91st Street.
SOURCE The James