PARIS, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MIPIM Asia, the property leaders' summit in Asia Pacific, reveals the composition of the jury for the 7th edition of the established MIPIM Asia Awards competition, which has honoured excellence and innovation in Asian real estate development in the Asia Pacific region since 2007.
Vincent H.S. LO, Chairman of Shui On Group, and President of the Jury, comments: "The MIPIM Asia Awards are very important for us developers in this part of the world because it's a recognition we're doing our development in the proper way, and I think that is a very important message to send out to the market and to the industry."
17 industry experts compose the MIPIM Asia Awards international jury:
- President of the Jury: Mr. Vincent H.S. LO, Shui On Group, Chairman, Hong Kong
- Mrs. Margaret BROOKE, Professional Property Services Group, CEO, Heritage Hong Kong, Chair, Hong Kong
- Mr. Freddy CHUA, SC Capital, Managing Director, Hong Kong
- Mr. Richard DAVID, Forterra Trust, Chief Executive Officer, China
- Mrs. Ada FUNG, Hong Kong Institute of Architects, President, Hong Kong
- Mr. Tripp GANTT, Washington State Investment Board Investment Officer - Real Estate, United States
- Mr. Charles LAM, Baring Private Equity Asia, Managing Director Real Estate, Hong Kong
- Mr. John LIM, Group CEO, ARA Asset Management, Singapore
- Mr. Nicholas J. LOUP, Grosvenor Asia Pacific, Chief Executive, Hong Kong
- Mr. Richard Paine, Lend Lease, Managing Director, Investment Management – Asia, Singapore
- Mr. Mike MOIR, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Director of Property, Hong Kong
- Mr. Jimmy PHUA, CPP Investment Board, Managing Director & Head of Real Estate Investments Asia, Hong Kong
- Mr. Francois TRAUSCH, GE Capital Real Estate, Chief Executive Officer - Asia Pacific, Japan
- Mr. Daan VAN AERT, APG Asset Management Asia, Head of Strategic Real Estate Asia, Hong Kong
- Ir. Conrad T.C. WONG, Hong Kong Green Building Council, Chairman, Hong Kong
- Mr. Nicholas WONG, The Townsend Group, Principal, Hong Kong
- Mr. Richard YUE, ARCH Capital Management Company Limited, CEO & CIO, Hong Kong
The MIPIM Asia Awards jury will meet in Hong Kong on September 6 to examine the projects that entered this year's competition and select 3 winners in each of the 11 categories, which are:
- Best Chinese futura project
- Best Chinese futura mega project
- Best futura project
- Best futura mega project
- Best innovative green building
- Best mixed-use development
- Best office & business development
- Best residential development
- Best retail & leisure development
- Best retail store design
- Best urban regeneration project
The MIPIM Asia Awards jury will also select the winner of the Special Jury Award.
In the meantime, MIPIM Asia delegates will get to vote for their favourite projects in each category. Their votes, combined with the jury's vote, will determine the final ranking of the winners: Gold, Silver or Bronze.
The MIPIM Asia Awards winners will be revealed during a premium gala dinner to be held on Tuesday 5 November 2013 at the prestigious Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong.
For further insights into previous winners, please click here.
For further details on the MIPIM Asia 2013 programme, please click here.
To consult MIPIM Asia press kit, please click here.
Notes for editors
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries.
The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed MIDEM belongs to Reed Exhibitions, which is the world's leading event organiser, with over 500 events held in 39 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
MIPIM Asia® is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM