CINCINNATI, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Why celebrate the traditional 12 days of Christmas when you can celebrate all 25? That's why The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) family of stores has launched a new website, 25 Merry Days, a present to its customers that offers:
- Different, exclusive Daily Deals digital coupons for products and gift cards – check back each day to find out if you'll score a deal on a gift card from a popular national retailer or a key ingredient for your holiday meals. Act fast -- when the day is over, so is the deal!
- A Cheer Challenge which encourages customers to spread the cheer each day by posting pictures or videos of different "Challenges of the Day" on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #CheerChallenge. One day you might be showing us your chaotic but happy holiday kitchen; another you'll capture the moment when you "pay it backward," by buying a small treat for the unsuspecting guest behind you in line.
- Recipes from the elegant "brie en croute" to the whimsical "wonut" (that's right! A waffle donut!).
- Gift ideas from edibles to homemade coconut oil hand soap.
- Tips and tricks to master holiday dilemmas, whether you'd like to organize your presents better or want easy and festive ideas for spreading holiday cheer throughout your home.
- How-to videos to help you create impressive decorations and recipes as lovely to look at as to eat.
"Our customers rely on us for the best prices on the widest assortment of items, and we thought December was the perfect time to really save them money when they need it the most," said Anne Maness, who leads Kroger's digital marketing team. "In addition, we wanted to anticipate any other holiday need they may have, from what to bring to the neighborhood potluck to how to spread joy in a fun, spontaneous way."
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,620 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 326 fine jewelry stores, 1,360 supermarket fuel centers and 37 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and community organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
SOURCE The Kroger Co.