SAN FRANCISCO, June 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 18 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
"The Linux Foundation is proud to welcome the support of such a great group of new Silver members," said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. "These organizations are taking this step which demonstrates their immense dedication to the open source community and principles."
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger and Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP). For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Absolute Software creates self-healing endpoint security to make security stacks stronger to recover instantly from user errors or attacks.
- ACEDEMAND IT Services has the experience with software architecture and software development support to help with enterprise software projects.
- AlphaPoint is a financial technology company that powers digital asset networks and provides institutions a Distributed Ledger Platform to digitize, trade, and manage any asset.
- Beijing RZXT Technology is committed to becoming one of the industry's leading blockchain technology export service providers.
- ChangeHealthcare is one of the largest, independent healthcare technology companies in the United States.
- China Standard Software (Beijing) provides Linux OS information security services and customized operating system development services.
- CITIC Group Corp is a large Chinese state-owned multinational conglomerate with a wide range of businesses covering finance, energy and resources, manufacturing, engineering contracting, real estate and others.
- Datto protects essential business data for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Emind Software Company Ltd is a high-tech enterprise engaged in development of infrastructure software, cloud computing and cloud service of intelligent translation of ASEAN languages.
- Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
- Karamba Security offers ECU endpoint security to protect the connected car.
- Mavenir Systems accelerates and redefines network transformation for service providers by offering a comprehensive product portfolio across every layer of the network infrastructure stack.
- Parallel Machines is creating an "Intelligence Overlay Network" (ION), that couples distributed data, computational assets, interconnected ML and DL applications, with overarching management capabilities and business interfaces.
- PCCW Global is a leading telecommunications provider, offering the latest voice and data solutions to multinational enterprises and communication service providers.
- Schroders is an independent, dedicated asset manager with a strong heritage and culture based on over 200 years' experience of investment markets.
- TDT GmbH is Germany's leading router manufacturer.
- Veon is a global provider of connectivity, with the ambition to lead the personal internet revolution for the 235 million+ customers it currently serves, and many more in the years to come.
- Windstream Communications offers customizable network solutions for specialized verticals.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-announces-18-new-silver-members-300482318.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation