NATICK, Mass., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nasuni®, a provider of enterprise storage to large, distributed organizations, today announced that the need for global organizations to unify storage across all their offices drove exponential growth in 2012 for the company.
Notable growth statistics for 2012 compared to 2011 include:
- 200 percent growth in bookings;
- Quadruped the size of the enterprise customer base;
- 45 percent growth in average deal size;
- 177 percent increase in the amount of storage that existing customers contracted with Nasuni; and
- Double the amount of terabytes of storage under management.
The company's performance in 2012 is a direct reflection of the high demand for Nasuni's storage offering, which gives global enterprises a simple, secure, and cost effective way to provide centrally managed, shared storage to all of its locations around the world with local-like performance.
Nasuni also delivered several important technological capabilities to its customers in 2012, all at no additional charge. These capabilities include:
- Access to Enterprise Storage from Mobile Devices: In September, Nasuni enabled all of its customers to give their users secure access to enterprise storage from Apple and Android mobile devices without compromising IT's control. Employees can access the corporate file share from anywhere, while IT retains access control at the device level.
- Unified Storage: Since July, Nasuni has enabled globally distributed enterprises to provide any of their offices with both block and file storage from a single Nasuni appliance. With the addition of iSCSI, Nasuni's customers gained the same centralized control over block storage that they have had over NAS, which greatly simplifies the management of distributed storage.
- Non-Disruptive Migration of Primary Storage Between Clouds: In February, Nasuni announced that it was able to migrate active primary storage on a terabyte scale between public clouds without any disruption to a customer's IT operations. This capability ensures that Nasuni can always choose the most stable, reliable and secure back-end cloud components to best serve its customers
Finally, Nasuni's tremendous accomplishments in 2012 led to the company's closing on a $20 million Series C round of financing to expand sales and marketing efforts and to continue the company's innovation in the storage-as-a-service market.
"Nasuni has significantly disrupted the storage market with a unified solution that simplifies and centralizes storage for the enterprise," said Andres Rodriguez, CEO of Nasuni. "With access from anywhere, high resiliency, automatic backup, unlimited capacity, and all the control and security IT requires, it should come as no surprise that we've experienced heavy demand from new customers, plus an expanded engagement from all of our existing enterprise customers. 2012 was an exceptional year for Nasuni; 2013 will prove to be even more exceptional."
Nasuni is an enterprise storage company that provides globally-distributed organizations with a simple, unified storage solution that includes mobile access for all of their remote and branch offices. By combining on-premise hardware with cloud storage, Nasuni delivers a secure, all-in-one data storage solution that provides local performance for users, simplified and centralized management for IT, and an easily scalable, complete remote office storage solution for the enterprise.
Nasuni is privately held and based in Natick, Mass. For more information, visit www.nasuni.com.
For more information, contact:
Davies Murphy Group