LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic is proud to introduce the new DMC-ZS35 digital compact camera with a powerful 20x optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 24-480mm) as a new member of the LUMIX ZS series.
The image processing by the 16-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and the imaging engine excels not only in picture quality but also in its processing speed. It enables 1920 x 1080 full-HD* high quality video recording and high speed burst shooting at 10 fps with high picture quality. It also has quick start-up and Light Speed Auto Focus to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) is able to minimize blur even when using a powerful zoom and the Active Mode effectively suppress hand vibration in video recording.
With the Wi-Fi® connectivity, users can connect the camera to their smartphone/tablet without a need of cabling or searching for a Wi-Fi® hotspot. In addition, users can use their smartphone/tablet for a secondary monitor of the camera that enables setting focus, zoom, and releasing the shutter remotely. Now it is possible to record video and watching the image live on a smartphone/tablet. With the Instant Transfer function, photos are automatically sent to the designated electronic devices such as smartphone/tablet right after shooting.
The 3.0-inch large 460K-dot monitor tilts up to 180-degrees making it extremely easy to take a self-portrait. A variety of special effects that add fun to the shooting experience are integrated into the DMC- ZS35 including Creative Control, Creative Retouch and Creative Panorama. The 1250mAh large capacity of battery enables the camera to shoot approx. 350 pictures.
With the powerful 20x zoom and Wi-Fi® capability in a compact body, the DMC-ZS35 is an all-round camera for users who enjoy a variety of shooting experiences.
*Sensor output is 30p
Manual Exposure, iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, HDR (High Dynamic Range), 3D Photo Mode, AC / USB Power Charging
The ZS35 will be available on shop.panasonic.com and at select retailers.
Notice for Motion Picture Recording:
- Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos.
* SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
- Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.
- Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
- If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site. http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2013 Annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. (http://bit.ly/19WFSpu).
To learn more about our products, visit www.shop.panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.