NEW YORK, April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Peter G. Peterson Foundation announced details of its 2013 Fiscal Summit: Facing the Future, to be held on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, in Washington, DC. The summit will bring together the nation's leading experts and elected officials in discussions on the fiscal choices facing the country and what these choices mean for the future of the nation's workforce, health care, education, technology, national security and the economy.
The Peterson Foundation's annual Fiscal Summit convenes leading voices from across the political and ideological spectrum, including policymakers, economic experts, business leaders and members of the press, to address the nation's fiscal future. Speakers and panelists at this year's summit will discuss fiscal issues in the context of the trends shaping America and the challenges that will define the future.
Summit participants include:
- President Bill Clinton
- Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Governor Martin O'Malley, State of Maryland
- Senator Patty Murray, Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee
- Congressman Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee
- Congressman Chris Van Hollen, Ranking Member of the House Budget Committee
- Gene Sperling, Director of the National Economic Council
- Admiral Mike Mullen, 17th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- David Brooks, New York Times Columnist
- Carly Fiorina, Good360 Chairman
- Juan Enriquez, Co-Founder of Synthetic Genomics Inc. and Managing Director of Excel Venture Management
- Susan Dentzer, PBS NewsHour On-Air Health Policy Analyst
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director of the Brookings Institution's Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform
- Harvey Fineberg, MD, PhD, President of the Institute of Medicine
- Peter G. Peterson, Founder and Chairman of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Michael A. Peterson, President of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
Discussion moderators include NBC's Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell, Bloomberg Television's Chief Washington Correspondent Peter Cook and NPR's Health Policy Correspondent Julie Rovner.
More information about the Summit is available at: www.fiscalsummit.com.
To request press credentials to attend the Fiscal Summit, please email Addison DiSesa at [email protected]. Space is limited.
2013 Fiscal Summit: Facing the Future
May 7, 2013, 9:00AM – 3:00PM
Press Sign-In: 8:00AM
Mellon Auditorium, 1301 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC
About the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by Pete Peterson – businessman, philanthropist, and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce. The Foundation is dedicated to increasing public awareness of the nature and urgency of key long-term fiscal challenges threatening America's future and to accelerating action on them. To address these challenges successfully, we work to bring Americans together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions that transcend age, party lines and ideological divides in order to achieve real results. To learn more, please visit www.PGPF.org.
SOURCE Peter G. Peterson Foundation