PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Presser Foundation is pleased to announce the selection of eleven Special Projects totaling $236,600 in both single year and multiple year grants. These grants are in addition to multi-year commitments to Astral Artistic Services, Inc., Rider University – Westminster Choir College, and Project 440 totaling $49,000. Lucinda S. Landreth, President of the Board of Trustees, commented, "We are proud to support so many worthy music presenting, music performing and music education organizations in the Greater Philadelphia area whose projects are innovative, compelling and fill a clearly defined community need."
Special Project Grants: (in alphabetical order)
- Allentown Symphony Association: Organ Festival
- Bowerbird: Julius Eastman: That Which Is Fundamental
- Bucks County Choral Society: Voices of the Future
- Cathedral Choir School of Delaware: Wilmington Bach Festival
- Lyric Fest: Recording Project
- Network for New Music: ArtMusic 2018
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society: Four Quartets – The Premiere Project
- Piffaro, The Renaissance Band: Hammer Blows that Changed the World: Music of the German Reformation
- Tempesta di Mare, Inc.: Reclaiming Telemann
- The Mann Center for the Performing Arts: New Frontiers: Launch, Explore, Discover
- The Philadelphia Orchestra: Bernstein Centennial Celebration
More information on the Foundation's grant making activity can be found on its website www.presserfoundation.org.
About The Presser Foundation
The Presser Foundation was established in 1939 under the Deeds of Trust and Will of the late Theodore Presser. It is one of the few private foundations in the United States dedicated solely to music education and music philanthropy. The Presser Foundation supports music performance and education through undergraduate and graduate scholar awards, operating and program support for music organizations, capital grants for music building projects, and assistance to retired music teachers. Much of the grant making focus of the Foundation is on organizations and institutions in the 100-mile radius surrounding Center City Philadelphia.
Contact: Teresa Araco Rodgers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-presser-foundation-announces-special-project-grants-300382627.html
SOURCE The Presser Foundation