SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 9, 2016 The RealReal, the leader in authenticated luxury consignment, today released its mid-year luxury resale report with exclusive data charting marketplace trends, industry insights, and designer shakeups across women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry, and watches. As the largest reseller of authenticated luxury goods, The RealReal's extensive database of 2.5 million items sold allows the company to accurately track changing trends in consumer behavior, which is included in the report. View the full report here.
"Our luxury resale report gives people a unique look at what's happening in the industry and the effect it's having on shopping behavior. The report touches on everything from surprising jumps and shifts in brand popularity to international resale trends and predictions for the second half of the year," said The RealReal Chief Merchant Rati Levesque. "We've found that the resale market tends to accurately reflect changes and trends in the retail market and this report captures that."
Report highlights include:
- Who's up and who's down - Surprising jumps and shifts among the top 20 best selling brands on The RealReal.
- What's in and what's out - Handbags that are trending up in resale value and handbags that are trending down in resale value.
- Brands with triple digit growth - Sales of these designers soared in the first half of 2016.
- International resale trends - 3 countries leading international sales and the most popular brands there.
- Key industry Insights:
- Saint Laurent grew 167% year over year, a trend spurred on by Hedi Slimane's exit as Creative Director in April.
- Valentino was on fire this year, with sales up 110% due in part to the success of their Rainbow 1973 collection.
- Men's consignment more than doubled, growing 108% year-over-year.
- Verdura is the fastest selling jewelry brand on The RealReal, with over 80% selling within 30 days at an average price point well over $6,000.
- Another fast-growing category, luxury watches saw 150% growth in the first half of 2016, with Rolex, Cartier and Patek Philippe driving sales.
About The RealReal
The RealReal provides the largest selection of authenticated luxury items including men's and women's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, and fine art & home. Consignors earn 60-70% of the sale price and items sell quickly. Its free in-home pickup service is available in 25+ major cities across the US. The fine jewelry & watch valuation offices in select cities offer people free valuations on their pieces from the company's professional gemologists. To learn more about The RealReal, visit www.therealreal.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-realreal-releases-state-of-luxury-resale-report-300310862.html
SOURCE The RealReal