CHEVY CHASE, Md., Dec. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- More and more, corporate retreats are using community service as a way to build camaraderie, improve morale and find positive and encouraging ways to improve the lives of others. To help work productively and give back to the communities they serve, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., a global leader in hotels, service and lifestyle, has developed several socially responsible programs.
When you book one of the many meeting rooms available at The Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts in the United States, Mexico or the Caribbean, we will donate 10 percent of the guest room revenue equally between a charity of your choice and The Ritz-Carlton Community Footprints Fund*.
In addition, those booking a conference room may add a VolunTeaming® activity to their agendas and discover a fun, meaningful way to give back to the local community. VolunTeaming activities are currently available at Ritz-Carlton properties throughout the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean, and may include:
- Harvesting organic crops for donation to a local food bank
- Painting murals at a local Boys & Girls Club
- Helping to protect and preserve a historic park
- Working with members of Habitat for Humanity to transform a building site into a home
After your team's activity, you may use our conference rooms to debrief and share your experiences; you'll find your team is closer than ever and will have found a renewed energy. To book your meeting room and learn more about the VolunTeaming experiences available at your destination of choice, please visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Meetings/Default.htm.
* Offer subject to availability as determined by the hotel. Valid for groups with ten or more room nights. Offer may change without notice. Upon group's payment of the final invoice, donations of five percent of guest room revenue (excluding taxes and service charge) will be made by The Ritz-Carlton to the group's 501(c)(3) charity of choice and to the Community Footprints Fund (benefiting disadvantaged children, hunger and poverty relief and environmental conservation).
About The Ritz-Carlton
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 73 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe with future openings including Dubai International Financial Centre, United Arab Emirates; Toronto; and Hong Kong. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company web site at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Default.htm. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR).
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Phone: (301) 547-4700
SOURCE The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company