GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass., Feb. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd., manufacturer of jane iredale – THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP, is pleased to announce its receipt of the Seal of Recommendation from The Skin Cancer Foundation on five of its most popular products. The Seal of Recommendation has become the respected standard for ensuring the safety and efficacy of ultraviolet (UV) protection products. The five products that will proudly wear the Seal include Amazing Base, PurePressed Base, Dream Tint, LipDrink and Powder-Me SPF in Tanned and Translucent. These products are now recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective aids in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin, including sunburn and possibly premature aging.
The Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation has set the criteria for effective UV protection for more than 30 years. Products were evaluated by the Foundation's Photobiology Committee, composed of leading U.S. dermatologists who are experts on how the sun interacts with the skin. Secondly, each product underwent testing for safety and efficacy standards, including an SPF of 15 or greater, validation of the SPF number by testing on 20 people, acceptable test results for phototoxic reactions and contact irritation, and substantiation for any claims that a sunscreen is water- or sweat-resistant.
"About 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to UV rays, so we are thrilled to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation in an effort to help spread awareness on preventable measures against this deadly disease," says Jane Iredale, President and Founder of Iredale Mineral Cosmetics. "We are not only committed to developing quality products to enhance color, but also the overall health of the skin – including skin cancer prevention."
According to The Skin Cancer Foundation, products that contain sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or more should be applied daily for prevention against harmful UV rays. jane iredale's Amazing Base, PurePressed Base, Dream Tint, LipDrink and Powder-Me SPF in Tanned and Translucent range from an SPF of 15 to 30.
Made with the highest grade of micronized minerals, PurePressed Base is a pressed mineral foundation that provides superior yet weightless coverage with unsurpassed skin care benefits. Amazing Base is a loose mineral foundation that provides a natural barrier to the sun's harmful rays, with a very water resistant SPF of 20. It's your skin, only better!
- Contains no talc, oil, FD&C dyes, parabens, synthetic preservatives or fragrance.
- Minerals titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are naturally anti-inflammatory, helping to calm inflammation.
- Extracts of sea minerals soothe and nourish the skin and also aid in hydration.
- Micronized minerals provide very water resistant, broad spectrum, chemical-free sun protection of SPF 20.
- Minerals naturally diffuse light to create a luminous, smooth appearance.
Dream Tint SPF 15 is an award-winning, oil-free tinted moisturizer.
- Sea lipids help to improve skin's elasticity and prevent trans-epidermal water loss.
- Titanium dioxide calms and soothes inflammation and provides instant broad spectrum sun protection of SPF 15.
- Boron nitride creates a soft-focus effect to minimize the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores.
LipDrink is a colorless, moisturizing, protective lip balm in a base of macadamia nut oil.
- Edible zinc oxide provides an SPF 15 and broad spectrum sunscreen.
- Combines a variety of waxes and oils – some with small molecules in order to penetrate, moisturize and condition the delicate lip membranes, and some with larger molecules to provide a protective shield by lying on the surface.
- Contains the antioxidants green tea extract, and vitamins E and C.
- The flavor is a mixture of lemon and orange oils.
- Feels more moist on the lips than a traditional lip balm.
Powder-Me SPF in Tanned and Translucent is an all-over face and body powder that helps protect against both UVB and UVA rays with an SPF 30 and a very water-resistant rating.
- Physical, not chemical, sun protection that works instantly so you can brush on and head straight for the sun
- Powder-Me SPF is packaged in an innovative dispenser for quick and even coverage
- Applicator has a mirror for easy, fault-proof application
- Formulated with active ingredients like titanium dioxide and a unique clay that contains minerals to nourish and calm the skin
- Completely free of contaminants and atmospheric pollutants
- The all natural ingredients are safe to use on children
- Translucent – no appearance on the skin
- Tanned - a golden bronze
For more information about the jane iredale products recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation please visit www.janeiredale.com. For more information about The Skin Cancer Foundation please visit www.SkinCancer.org/Seal.
jane iredale - THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP® is a comprehensive line of mineral cosmetics that provides products with the utmost integrity and the ability to enhance the lives of women though its effectiveness, simplicity and beauty. Founder and president, Jane Iredale has worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of her line because she believes makeup should be as good for the skin as it is aesthetically pleasing. The extensive product line is carried in fine spas, cosmetic apothecaries, www.janeiredaledirect.com and retail locations worldwide. Consumers may call toll free for a jane iredale location nearest them at 800-762-1132.
SOURCE Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd.