NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) announced today its 2011 Summer Season, including an encore of the renowned Classical Season, presented by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (HSBC Bank).
SPAC is the premier performing arts center in the Northeast whose stage has hosted everyone from Seiji Ozawa to Mikhail Baryshnikov, delighting music and dance lovers alike. This summer's 2011 Classical Season will feature programs by New York City Ballet, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and celebrated soloists such as Yo-Yo Ma and Sarah Chang.
The 2011 Classical Season presented by HSBC Bank will run July 5 – August 13.
Program highlights include:
- Actor, comedian and Saratoga Springs native, David Hyde Pierce will narrate Britten's The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra on July 29
- Opening night of The Philadelphia Orchestra with premier female maestro, Conductor Marin Alsop
- Soloists Yo-Yo Ma, Sarah Chang and Gabriela Montero
- Casablanca evening, a screening of the film with live score performed by the Orchestra
- New York City Ballet productions of Peter Martins' The Magic Flute, Balanchine's Jewels and the Saratoga premiere of Susan Stroman's For the Love of Duke
- An evening with acclaimed American saxophonist and composer Branford Marsalis
- Two "Glee" pre-shows with featured college a cappella groups, including The Princeton Tigertones, in a program designed to encourage younger audiences to experience live performances and classical music
"HSBC applauds SPAC for its well earned reputation for programming excellence, and nurturing a thriving artist environment that draws performers and audiences from local communities and around the world to upstate New York," said Irene Dorner, president and CEO of HSBC Bank, USA, N.A. "As the 'world's local bank,' HSBC is thrilled to be the title sponsor of the Classical Season for the second year, and proud to work with SPAC in bringing world class artists to our customers, employees and the rest of the community."
HSBC Bank's Premier banking and wealth management clients receive a 25 percent discount on 2011 Classical Series ticket prices, with HSBC Bank customers receiving a 15 percent discount.
Ticket prices for Orchestra performances start at $18 for lawn seating. The complete SPAC 2011 season schedule is available at www.spac.org.
About Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Located in historic Saratoga Springs, New York, SPAC has been the summer home of The Philadelphia Orchestra since 1966. Just three hours from Boston, New York or Montreal, SPAC also presents Freihofer's Saratoga Jazz Festival, New York City Ballet, the Saratoga Chamber Music Festival, Lake George Opera and Live Nation concerts.
About HSBC Bank U.S.A., N.A.
HSBC Bank USA, National Association operates more than 470 bank branches throughout the United States. There are over 375 in New York state as well as branches in Connecticut, Washington, D.C., Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, California, Delaware, Illinois, Oregon and Washington State. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc., an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC North America Holdings Inc., one of the nation's largest bank holding companies by assets. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is a member of the FDIC.
SOURCE HSBC Bank USA, N.A.