LONDON, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
For the most interesting facts, figures, and forecasts surrounding the mobile phone industry, check out the latest infographic by giffgaff!
The mobile phone industry is currently the fastest growing industry in the world. With more and more people purchasing the latest smartphones from Apple, Samsung, and HTC, along with some brilliant apps on the iOS and Android markets, there is no reason to believe that this growth will slow down anytime soon.
With 2012 set to be a big year for the mobile phone industry, giffgaff has created an interesting infographic entitled the "Top 10 Facts & Forecasts for Mobile in 2012." So if you want to know how many people sleep with their phone, or how smartphones will fare against computers this year, check out the latest research by giffgaff now!
By providing detailed facts and figures on several important topics, giffgaff have forecasted that this year cloud mobility will drive collaborative communications, while 2012 will be the year of the quad-core mobile processors. The mobile network has also predicted that social gaming will become a major factor in the mobile phone industry, while Windows 8 will drive the revival of Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia.
The detailed research from giffgaff has also uncovered several interesting statistics that are shared in the inforgraphic. For instance, with sales of smartphones having grown by 96% in 2010, giffgaff reveal that over 25% of phones that are currently in use around the world are Smartphones.
Rather amusingly, it is also noted that 80% of young people would rather spend their last £10 to top-up their mobile phone than buy food.
So for all of this interesting information and more, remember to check out the top 10 facts and forecasts for mobile in 2012 by giffgaff. You can even be entered into a competition to win a brand new mobile phone by simply retweeting and sharing the inforgraphic with your friends!
For additional information, please visit the giffgaff website.
Notes to editors
What is giffgaff?
- giffgaff is a community-led SIM-only PAYG mobile operator which keeps costs low by encouraging its community members to help grow and run the business
- giffgaff has an customer satisfaction index of 84% and a Net Promoter Score of 75% (July 11)
- giffgaff will send you a free SIM and has a simple, competitive pricing structure for PAYG, with absolutely no sting in its tail:
- Calls are charged at 10p per minute and 6p per text
- Free member to member (giffgaff to giffgaff) calls and texts
- Competitive international call rates
- Free calls to 0800 numbers