ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Travel Corporation (TTC) and its 30 award-winning brands announce the launch of the 2018 TTC Top 10 list of trips, showcasing its amazing global collection of destinations. The family-owned company, now in its fourth generation, offers over 1,000 trips spanning 60 countries on six continents, appealing to every generation and style of traveler. This curated list of immersive trips recognizes that travelers no longer want to simply journey further, but seek out journeys that are personally fulfilling and return home transformed with a positive perspective and an expanded view of the world. TTC also knows that guests want to connect with other like-minded travelers to discover and share these experiences together in 'travel tribes', which the company has facilitated in creating for decades.
"For our 2018 #TTCTop10 list, we are showcasing several of our most transformative travel experiences. Our guests are seeking worldwide journeys that are not only experiential, but which also cultivate deeper connections with the places they are exploring and include meaningful interactions with nature, wildlife, local people and cultures," said The Travel Corporation Chief Executive, Brett Tollman. "Our not-for-profit TreadRight Foundation is also celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2018, and its sustainable tourism principles have guided our amazing brands and socially engaged team members to travel with purpose and give back to the local communities and places we visit across the globe."
Here is TTC's 2018 Top 10 List of Transformative Travel Experiences:
- Trafalgar Tours – Best of Norway: This epic new 9-day journey through Norway's natural splendor and majestic fjords includes an exclusive 'Be My Guest' dinner with the Øvre-Eide family at their home, which has been a working farm since the time of the Vikings. Guests enjoy Authentic Accommodations on the shores of the Geiranger Fjord in the fourth-generation, family-owned Union Hotel with its spa facilities and vintage car exhibition.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection – India's Golden Triangle and the Sacred Ganges: A memorable 13-day luxury river cruise across India's iconic Golden Triangle and the timeless Ganges for a complete sensory experience including featured excursions to the breathtaking Taj Mahal at sundown, the "Pink City" of Jaipur and a poignant visit to Mother's Teresa's Kolkata home.
- Contiki Holidays – London to Berlin: The leading youth travel brand unveils a new travel style, Independent Insider, designed to give the ultimate freedom and flexibility by letting travelers pick every aspect of their Contiki experience, and this new 13-day trip offers six trip variations with included bike tours of London and Amsterdam. Guests will enjoy authentic food experiences including dining with locals in their homes and unique experiences including a visit to Montparnasse Tower in Paris.
- Insight Vacations – European Dream: This new and unforgettable 12-day premium escorted journey introduces guests to an Italian chef in Orvieto for a hands-on cooking demonstration where they will learn how to make homemade pasta. Travelers will also join a Local Expert for an excursion to the Vatican Museums before they open to the public, and enjoy a private tour of the Bramante Staircase with spectacular views over the Vatican Gardens.
- Trafalgar Tours – Tastes and Sounds of the South: This 10-day immersive guided vacation showcases the vibrant cultural and musical heritage of Nashville, Memphis, Natchez and New Orleans, including visits to the iconic Grand Ole Opry and Graceland. Guests will enjoy a traditional four-course Deep South 'Be My Guest' dinner with wine in the 19th-century residence of Esther Carpenter, a former Four Seasons chef named one of the top 20 female chefs in America by USA Today.
- African Travel, Inc. – Enchanting East Africa: This quintessential 11-day East African safari starts in urban Nairobi, then heads off to the game-rich grassy plains of Kenya's Maasai Mara and Tanzania's Serengeti. Guests stay in luxurious safari camps and participate in both daytime and nighttime game drives in search of predators and prey. The trip ends with a blissful three-night seaside stay on the exotic spice island of Zanzibar.
- Luxury Gold – British Royale: This memorable 10-day luxury escorted journey takes travelers across Britain to enjoy a selection of exclusive VIP Experiences, including the Tower of London for a private viewing of the Ceremony of the Keys. As part of the Chairman's Collection, a specially curated selection of truly exceptional experiences, guests will venture to the majestic Alnwick Castle and take a private tour of its beautifully restored gardens with the Duchess of Northumberland, the lady of the manor.
- Inspiring Journeys – Inspiring Australia: This 13-day journey explores the tropical north, central Australia's spiritual heartland, and spectacular Sydney. Guests will experience sailing a yacht on Sydney Harbour, toast an Uluru sunset with gourmet canapés and wine, and snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef.
- The Red Carnation Hotel Collection – The English Grill: Located in the Red Carnation's four-star Rubens at the Palace, this London restaurant's opulent design follows a rich royal theme with polished silver, beautiful chandeliers and tailcoated waiters offering traditional service. Top quality cuts of meat are grilled to perfection in the kitchen's brand new charcoal-fired Josper grill. Using the finest English produce and suppliers that serve the Queen's kitchen, the dining experience is accompanied by an extensive wine list including a selection from Bouchard Finlayson, Red Carnation's sister vineyard in South Africa.
- U by Uniworld – Rolling on the Rhine: U offers a fresh approach to cruising for 21-45 year olds on its brand new, super-chic, modern and cutting-edge ships. Guests cruise along the Rhine river on this fun and authentic 8-day journey kick-starting in Amsterdam, along with stops in Haarlem, Cologne, Bonn, Koblenz and Frankfurt. Travelers dine on local specialties during a U Time Dutch cheese tasting. They also spend several nights out on the town including Cologne's Gothic Evening adventure.
About The Travel Corporation
The Travel Corporation (TTC) is a highly successful international travel group. Our philosophy is simple – to create enriching experiences for our travelers by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value. No matter what your taste, whether you are a family or a couple, a group or traveling solo – TTC offers something for everyone. Our multi-award-winning portfolio ranges from luxury hotels and boutique river cruises, to independent holiday package companies and a variety of guided travel experiences. For more information about TTC, visit www.ttc.com.
About The TreadRight Foundation
Created as a joint initiative between The Travel Corporation's (TTC) family of brands, The TreadRight Foundation is a not-for-profit that works to help ensure the environment and communities we visit remain vibrant for generations to come. Founded by Brett Tollman, Chief Executive, TTC, to date TreadRight has supported more than 40 sustainable tourism projects worldwide. As an official Diamond Sponsor of the UN International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017, TTC is dedicated to bringing the industry together with a shared goal of benefiting local communities and the environment. To learn more about our past and current work at TreadRight, please visit us at TreadRight.org.
SOURCE The Travel Corporation