MIAMI BEACH, Fla., July 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Visual Artist Awards - 2018 Vizzy Awards - Miami Beach, July 2, 2018: The Visual Artist Awards ("VAA"), the first platform established to recognize and honor excellence in projection mapping, announces the winners of the global digital arts competition.
With over 320 entries from 40 countries, with tens of millions of views, the VAA2018 pays homage to leading digital artists and the frontier technologies that are transforming the entertainment, events, commercial and digital arenas that are projected to be a $150 billion industry by 2020.
"The VAA is the first global platform to identify, honor and reward artists that advance the genre through their innovation in both the creative and technical realm," said Daniel Davidson, founder of the Visual Artist Awards. "Just like other annual awards ceremonies for film, television, theater and music, the "Vizzys" will shine mega-watts of light on the brightest and best talents in the rapidly growing field of the digital visual arts. We are discovering and recognizing the most creative and imaginative people around the world."
Also welcoming the VAA is Bruce Orosz, Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau chairman. "We're thrilled that the Visual Artist Awards have selected Miami Beach for their first-ever creative competition. This international event will shine a spotlight on our community and show the world that once again Miami Beach is a leading force in the creative arena."
Categories, Nominees and Winners are as follows:
CATEGORY 1 - Best Mapping with Human Interaction
- Challenge by Freckled Sky - WINNER
- Levitation by Sila Sveta
- Another World by Freckled Sky
CATEGORY 2 - Best Exterior Architecture Mapping
- The Infinity Wall by Megavision Arts USA - WINNER
- Cite Memoire Chloe Paiment Montreal en Histories
- Ollo by Assem Mr. Beam
CATEGORY 3 - Best Interior Architecture Mapping
- Theatrum Anatomicum by Mr.Beam - WINNER
- The Cinemagician by COSMO AV
- Lumentium Global Dinner PlayStation by Framemov
CATEGORY 4 - Best Experimental Mapping
- Energy of Bucharest by Dorel Naste Mindscape Studio - WINNER
- Bhuyakha: Experimental Animated Documentary
- V... Mir Live You Play 2017 by Mattie Diomedi
CATEGORY 5 - Best Technical Innovation
- Al vs You by Sila Sveta - WINNER
- VOYAGE by Helogrix
- Mirage at Metropolis by Adrian Scott
CATEGORY 6 - Best VJ Awards
- Untold Galaxy Stage by Dorel Naste Mindscape Studio - WINNER
- Mumiy Troll Tour by Sila Sveta
- Flosstradamus - HDYFEST 2017 by Drew Immanent USA
CATEGORY 7 – Best Mapping on a Vehicle
- Light Train 2016 by Pixel Branding - WINNER
- The Car by Rafael Bielski Team
- Dacia Duster Connected by Orange
CATEGORY 8 - Best Mapping by A Student
- Art Vision Classic 2017 Bolshoi Theater by Jakub Zuscin - WINNER
- DYSTOPIA Interactive Audi-visual Installation by Miguel Murgueytio
- Tesseract 1.0 by Ben White Optic Motion
CATEGORY 9 - 360 Still Images
- IV Centenary of the Plaza Mayor by Oscar Teston OTU Cinema - WINNER
- 360 Projection by Olha Shtuchna Magic Innovations
- Shogyo Mujo by Bartkresa Studio
CATEGORY 10 - Best Dome Mapping
- Sound Up by Sile Sveta - WINNER
- UpforNeuland 360 Dome Mapping by Pixel Branding Ltd.
- Underwater Love by Roman Beranek Projektil
United Projection was established by industry leading professionals and award-winning visual and audio artists that joined forces to combine their expertise and deliver the highest-quality projection mapping services. With combined expertise representing decades of experience, this leading team of experts has a long track record of successes having worked on many of the most notable projection mapping projects throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and South America. www.UnitedProjection.com
The Temple House is an award-winning year-round private event venue in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida. The 15,000-square-foot Temple House has served a pivotal role in events and productions for Fortune 500 corporations and celebrities alike and has been seen in countless films, photo and video productions. Seen over two billion times in the media, the venue boasts an award-winning 360-degree projection mapping system. This state-of-the-art system is one of the largest permanent installations in a private indoor venue. Fourteen projectors, tens of thousands of lumens, over 30 million pixels, The Temple House projection mapping system is the ideal venue to host the VAA2018 for an international audience. www.TheTempleHouse.com
VAA2019 Sponsorship opportunities are available effective immediately.
SOURCE Visual Artist Awards