SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gogobot (http://www.gogobot.com), a global community of in-the-know travelers sharing insider tips on the world's best destinations, announces the first Gogobot Travelers' Favorite Awards, a newly unveiled honor determined by the votes and recommendations of Gogobot's 2.5 million users, their friends and like-minded travelers in their network. From more than 60,000 places visited, Gogobot users selected San Francisco as the best travel destination in the world and The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as the world's best hotel.
While San Francisco, long a tourism draw since its Barbary Coast days, has been a favorite destination for more than a century, The Cosmopolitan is a relative newby in a list adorned with such venerable draws as Paris' Hotel Ritz or London's Soho Hotel. Gogobot users hailed the two-year-old, 2,995-room Vegas complex for its "terrace suites with wraparound views," "sexy interior" and its Chandelier Bar, where "you don't have to be a millionaire to feel like one." Other selections to make the Top 100 hotels list included The Fairmont San Francisco, Burj Al Arab in Dubai, Hotel del Coronado in Coronado, Calif., and the Peninsula Hong Kong. (Expanded lists below). Joining San Francisco in The Travelers' Favorite Awards for destinations were such locales as London, Paris, Barcelona and Rome.
The news of the Gogobot Travelers' Favorite Awards is the first in a series of announcements that over the next few months will recognize the best destinations, restaurants, hotels and attractions according to Gogobot's fiercely passionate user base of more than 2.5 million avid travelers.
"Gogobot users, who have visited more than 60,000 destinations, are as knowledgeable as they are passionate about travel, making them a reliable source for all things travel related, whether it's an amazing brunch spot or the best hotel in the world," said Gogobot CEO and co-founder Travis Katz. "Their choice of The Cosmopolitan is no surprise, even for such a new hotel that almost didn't happen because of early investment constraints. But here they are today, picked by the travelers on Gogobot, who are as eager to conveniently connect, share, plan and book all in one place as they are to enjoy the hottest, most stylish accommodations in Vegas."
World's Best Hotels
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, U.S.
- The Fairmont San Francisco, U.S.
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hotel del Coronado, Coronado, U.S.
- The Peninsula Hong Kong, China
- Halekulani, Honolulu, U.S.
- Wynn Las Vegas, U.S.
- Hotel Ritz, Paris, France
- The Soho Hotel, London, UK
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa, Lahaina, U.S.
- Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, U.S.
- Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai, India
- Makati Shangri-La Manila, Makati, Philippines
- The Atlantis Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas
- Montage Laguna Beach, U.S.
See the full list: The World's Best Hotels - 2012
Best Hotels in North America
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Fairmont San Francisco, California
- Hotel del Coronado, Coronado, California
- Halekulani, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Wynn Las Vegas, Nevada
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Florida
- Montage Laguna Beach, California
- Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), California
- Dream Downtown Hotel, Manhattan, New York
- McMenamins Kennedy School, Portland, Oregon
- The Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California,
- Enchantment Resort and Mii Amo Spa, Sedona, Arizona
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, Maryland
- Ace Hotel and Swim Club, Palm Springs, California
See the full list: The Best Hotels in North America - 2012
- San Francisco, U.S.
- London, UK
- Paris, France
- Barcelona, Spain
- Rome, Italy
- Las Vegas, U.S.
- Chicago, U.S.
- New York City, U.S.
- San Diego, U.S.
- Hong Kong, China
- Venice, Italy
- Madrid, Spain
- Berlin, Germany
- Austin, U.S.
- Prague, Czech Republic
See the full list: Top Destinations
Gogobot is the leading travel planning service built on reviews and photos from real people, using real identities. Launched in November 2010 and named one of Time magazine's 50 Best Websites of 2011, Gogobot is putting the trust back into planning travel online. By allowing people to tap into their personal networks on Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter for personal advice and browse reviews and photos from real travelers using their real identities, Gogobot has helped millions of people create, share and enjoy extraordinary travel experiences. Gogobot works with global partners - including Expedia, Hotels.com, Kayak, Priceline and OpenTable - that enable users to book their travel directly from the site. Gogobot is available on the web, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Whether you are seeking advice on the best hotels in Las Vegas, tips for visiting Walt Disney World or reviews of things to do in New York City, Gogobot offers advice you can trust from people like you.
Gogobot has raised $19 million from leading venture investors, including Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and Innovation Endeavors. Gogobot is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with an office in London.
Contact for U.S.
Mark de la Vina
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 415-282-4795