TheraNest Announces Addition of e-Prescribe (eRx) Functionality to Software Portfolio
eRx designed with "Clinical Decision Support" to make prescribing safer for patients and more efficient for providers
22 Jul, 2020, 10:00 ET
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., July 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- TheraNest, a leading practice management software solution for therapists, psychologists, social workers and counselors, has announced the addition of a new suite of electronic prescription submission and management tools integrated into the TheraNest practice management and electronic health record system to improve efficiency, reduce errors and increase medication compliance. The TheraNest eRx feature gives clinicians legend drug and controlled substance e-prescribing (EPCS) capabilities, a new level of access to medication history and patient medication adherence support. Additionally, users can easily access patients' pharmacy records and insurance coverage information.
TheraNest eRx includes tools and features to simplify prescription workflows allowing practitioners to:
- Easily manage medications, write prescriptions and handle refills with patient-specific formulary guidance and provider-specific drug favorites functionality
- Write controlled substance prescriptions with streamlined multi-factor authentication
- Ensure patient safety using automatic point-of-care tools to support clinical decisions and contraindication checks including drug-drug, drug-allergy, dosing and duplicate therapy alerts
- Quickly review client medication history, with 12 months of recent medications available at a glance
- Perform formulary checks to show clients expected out-of-pocket cost at their preferred pharmacy, boosting medication compliance
"With the new e-prescribe feature in TheraNest, customers who have prescribers on staff will be able to streamline their prescription management and greatly enhance patient safety and quality of care," said Chris Kalb, Vice President, Operations and General Manager for TheraNest. "This customer enhancement aligns with our mission to provide better technologies and solutions for mental health providers and will ultimately improve patient outcomes."
TheraNest also offers an optional integrated Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) tool that saves time and reduces costs—allowing practitioners to spend more time with clients and less time on repetitive checks. The easy-to-use tool allows users to comply with varying state regulations as well as intervene quickly at early signs of controlled substance misuse.
TheraNest is a leading provider of software and solutions for therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and counselors. We've created an affordable and impactful software application to help you get back to what you enjoy most – serving clients in a thriving, healthy practice. TheraNest gives you the tools you need to easily streamline and manage your practice. Visit us at www.theranest.com.
Share this article