RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- LexisNexis® today announced that six new technology start-ups have graduated from its 12-week Legaltech Accelerator Program, which helps promising companies quickly gain traction in the rapidly evolving legal tech industry.
The six recent participants in the LexisNexis Legaltech Accelerator Program include:
- Attune Capital Group, which identifies metrics from transaction agreements in order to determine and monitor "what is market" for selected transaction parameters across different types of transactions over different time periods.
- Digitory Legal, which uses artificial intelligence to transform and analyze billing data and create predictive pricing models for complex legal work, helping customers effectively manage budgets and resources throughout the life of their matters.
- Disputly, which helps California residents quickly recover their security deposits.
- Justis Connection, which connects top legal talent of color to local residents of color, empowering communities through active engagement and education that teaches fundamental rights and responsibilities in the law.
- Procertas, a competency-based learning platform with an initial focus on helping legal professionals and law students develop proficiency with core technology tools like Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Specifio, which is changing the way patent applications are created through advanced natural language generation.
As part of the program, participants engaged in a rigorous curriculum designed for early- to mid-stage legal start-ups, including business model development, fundraising, marketing, sales, product development, hiring and team building, technology and more. In addition to receiving hands-on mentorship and training from numerous LexisNexis executives, start-ups had access to the company's cutting-edge tools, data, technologies and established relationships with businesses, VCs and influencers to help grow their organizations.
"Across the board, participants in the third round of our Legaltech Accelerator Program benefited tremendously, learning how to navigate the legal landscape and exponentially grow their start-up businesses. We're excited to watch these innovative entrepreneurs apply this knowledge and succeed," said Owen Byrd, General Counsel and Chief Evangelist at Lex Machina.
"The legal tech world is relatively small compared to other tech specialties. Having the expertise and support of LexisNexis was an opportunity that I knew would benefit both the development of my company and my personal growth as a founder," said Kisha Brown, CEO of Justis Connection. "I was exposed to so much information during my six weeks in the Legaltech accelerator, ranging from sales and marketing advice to fundraising and pitching strategies. Completing the program gave me a solid foundation for growing Justis Connection in the coming year. I anticipate a very powerful launch and plan to aggressively expand my network of lawyers."
Spencer Simonsen, CEO of Disputly, significantly changed his business model while participating in the program. "The Legaltech Accelerator Program connected us to experts with differing points of view, which changed the way we looked at our service. The program helped sharpen our focus on the problem we are trying to solve and the value we bring to the customer, and we also learned how to structure the company to ensure we could properly deliver services to customers while continuing to expand."
About the LexisNexis Legaltech Accelerator Program:
Launched in December 2016, the Legaltech Accelerator Program gives participating companies a leg up in the rapidly evolving legal tech industry by leveraging the deep legal, technology and start-up domain expertise and the industry-leading market positions of LexisNexis and Lex Machina. Participants receive hands-on mentoring and guidance throughout the program, which takes place at the Menlo Park, CA offices of Lex Machina™ and at the LexisNexis Raleigh Technology Center on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University. For more information, or to apply to the next round of the tech accelerator program, interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 130 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.