NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Help vaccinate stray dogs, rescue bears from a life of abuse, and feed and care for animal victims of natural disasters. Animal lovers can do all this and more by giving an end-of-year donation to World Animal Protection this holiday season.
World Animal Protection works globally to protect animals in communities, in disasters, in farming, and in the wild, and small gifts can make a life-saving difference for vulnerable animals. For example, for every dollar given, World Animal Protection could provide a vaccine for a vulnerable puppy in need. For $75, supporters could help protect 75 dogs in 2018 from the threat of rabies and the risk of being needlessly killed in an attempt to stop the spread of the disease.
Supporters can also give special World Animal Gifts -- a wonderful way to show a loved one you care while doing a world of good for animals. With dozens of different gifts to choose from, there's something for everyone on your list. And each gift comes with a personalized e-card to help deliver your message.
Every World Animal Gift helps protect animals from suffering and supports critical animal welfare programs, with gifts including:
- Feed a hungry bear: For only $32, you can supply two weeks' worth of vital vittles for a rescued bear in need.
- Shelter vulnerable animals from the cold: Help build emergency shelters for animals in distress. A gift of just $35 can help save sheep, goats, cattle and horses during the harsh winter months.
- Treat a herd to health: Provide 100 cows with essential medicine after disasters like volcanoes strike, for $60. Your gift can provide aid when a crisis strikes.
We all know the important role animals play in our lives. Our pets become part of the family, millions of the world's poorest people depend on animals for their lives and livelihoods, and precious wildlife is a vital part of the global ecosystem we all share. The holiday season is the perfect time of year to give back to the animals around the world. Give second chances, freedom and better lives with a tax-deductible charitable gift for animals before year's end.
Note to editors:
- High-resolution images available upon request
- To give a gift before year's end to World Animal Protection, click here
- For more information on World Animal Gifts, visit https://gifts.worldanimalprotection.us.org/
- To watch a video about World Animal Gifts, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbxs3qE2HtA
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection, formerly known as the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA), is active in more than 50 countries. From our offices around the world, we work with businesses, governments, local partners and animal welfare organizations. We help people to find practical ways to prevent animal suffering worldwide. We collaborate with national governments, and we have formal relationships with international bodies including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the United Nations Environment Programme, the Council of Europe and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). We seek national and international policy change to improve the lives of millions of animals, because animal protection is a fundamental part of a sustainable future.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-holiday-season-remember-the-animals-with-world-animal-protection-300572796.html
SOURCE World Animal Protection