LONDON, August 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Customers using our high street foreign exchange could win up to £1000
- Those returning or buying currency have the chance daily to be entered into a prize draw
With Brits heading abroad to avoid the changeable weather and make the most of the last few weeks of the school holidays, Thomas Cook has launched a fantastic August draw for the chance to win the ultimate holiday cash back.
The opportunity to swap loose change and notes to be in with a chance of winning the pot or money is open to every customer who buys or returns foreign currency, travellers cheques or a cash passport in a Thomas Cook, Going Places or Co-operative Travel store.
There has never been a better chance to cash in and be entered into a daily draw to "Win Back" the travel money. With one winner able to claim up to £1,000, the results will be announced each day from 17th to 31st August 2012. Everyone can enter - there's no minimum spend and the draw is open to those returning currency too, rather than leaving it languishing in a drawer until next year's holiday.
So unlike those people taking their holidays to Las Vegas, the gamble of returning your money could actually pay off.
Jacqui Holt, Foreign Exchange Director at Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, "With the last Bank Holiday of 2012 just a few days away, the holiday season is in full flight - quite literally as Brits head overseas, with many buying their currency in the next few days. Our foreign currency draw is even open to those holidaymakers who reserve currency online and collect in store, taking advantage of the best rates."
Those who are on holiday now or have just returned won't miss out - holidaymakers bringing currency back from their Turkey Holidays to a store have the chance to win back either the full amount of their original Thomas Cook Travel Money or the amount of the currency they have returned if the original currency was bought elsewhere.
Jacqui continued, "The chance to win up to £1000 might encourage more people to return their currency after their holiday too. Our research has told us that just 32%* do this, with only 9%* of people returning it to the place they bought it."
"Add to that the fact that many holidaymakers don't take advantage of the best rates before they travel with many relying on buying money in resorts or at airports, and it's easy to see how holidaymakers might lose out."
The daily draws for Thomas Cook's 'Win Back Your Travel Money' will take place between 17th - 31st August. They are open to those visiting Thomas Cook, Going Places and Co-operative Travel stores to collect, purchase or sell foreign currency they have left over, whether they have been on holidays to Goa or as close as a city break to Paris.
* From a sample size of 2001 foreign currency customers
Terms & Conditions
1) The promotion will run from 17th August to 31st August
2) 1 prize will be awarded per day (including Sundays)
3) MoneyGram & Western Union products are NOT included in this promotion
4) Maximum prize awarded will be £1,000
5) Staff transactions will not be included
6) Buy back customers will only win their original "Travel Money" if this was purchased from Thomas Cook Co-operative Travel. If this is not so then the amount of the buy back will be the prize.
7) The promotion can be withdrawn or altered at any time
SOURCE Thomas Cook