ROCHESTER, N.H., Jan. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Thompson/Center Arms Company, Inc., a Smith & Wesson Company (Nasdaq Global Select: SWHC), announced today that it debuted several new models and extensions to the company's popular line of hunting firearms at the 2010 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show held this week in Las Vegas, Nevada. For 2010, Thompson/Center Arms expanded the T/C Venture family of bolt-action rifles and added two new muzzleloaders and three single-shot firearms to its diverse portfolio of long guns.
Sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the four-day SHOT Show is the largest trade show of its kind in the world. Featuring over 1,800 exhibiting companies, the 32nd annual SHOT Show attracted more than 48,000 industry professionals representing all 50 states and numerous foreign countries. Among the new Thompson/Center firearms launched at the trade show were:
- IMPACT Muzzleloader – A new lower price-point black powder rifle engineered with Thompson/Center patented features. Specifically designed for durability and operational simplicity, the new muzzleloader is made entirely in the United States and continues Thompson/Center's longstanding tradition of high quality and accurate firearms.
- HotShot – An easy-to-operate, highly accurate, lightweight single-shot rifle, chambered in .22 LR. The HotShot is an ideal firearm for young and novice shooters alike.
- T/C Venture Predator – A new bolt-action rifle built to answer the calls of predator hunters. The new rifle is built on the Venture platform and features a 22-inch precision barrel, 5R rifling, target grade crown and is guaranteed MOA (Minute of Angle) accurate.
- T/C Venture Rifle in Medium-Action – New Venture rifles available in medium-action calibers. Both affordable and accurate, the T/C Venture now includes chambers for .204, .22-250, .223, .243, 7mm-08, .308 and 30TC.
- NorthWest Explorer™ Muzzleloader – A new black powder rifle designed to comply with hunting regulations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Made entirely in the United States, the new NorthWest Explorer offers hunters an easy-to-use muzzleloader with exceptional accuracy.
- Encore™ Pro-Hunter Predator Rifle - Capitalizing on the success of the Encore Pro Hunter, the new predator rifle has been designed to give hunters a distinctive advantage. The new rifle features an interchangeable barrel system, patented features, and four different caliber options only available through Thompson/Center.
- Encore™ Pro-Hunter Turkey Shotgun – A new singe-shot shotgun available in 12 or 20-gauge. The new shotgun is designed to chamber 3-inch shells and is easily operated by left and right-handed shooters.
"Throughout its history, Thompson/Center has always been recognized as a premier manufacturer of hunting firearms and accessories," said Tom Kelly, Vice President of Marketing for Smith & Wesson and Thompson/Center Arms. "This year, we have further extended that reputation by offering seven new models, each designed to answer the needs of hunters and shooters. Along with expanding the popular T/C Venture family of bolt-action rifles, we have also introduced two new muzzleloaders that have been specifically engineered to meet consumer demands by addressing both state hunting regulations and affordable pricing. For young shooters, the new HotShot delivers safety, fun and accuracy in a youth rifle modeled after our full-size Pro Hunter. In addition, we have added two new single-shot rifles to the popular Encore Pro Hunter platform."
Kelly added, "Having listened to our customers through the design process, we are launching new products that deliver the quality and accuracy these discriminating shooters have come to expect from Thompson/Center. In addition, our new offerings include several products specifically designed to deliver that famous Thompson/Center quality at an affordable price point."
About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: SWHC) is a U.S.-based, global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport. The company designs and constructs facility perimeter security solutions for military and commercial applications, and delivers a broad portfolio of firearms and related training to the military, law enforcement and sports markets. SWHC companies include Smith & Wesson Corp., the globally recognized manufacturer of quality firearms; Universal Safety Response, a full-service perimeter security integrator, barrier manufacturer and installer; and Thompson/Center Arms Company, Inc., a premier designer and manufacturer of premium hunting firearms. SWHC facilities are located in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Tennessee. For more information on Smith & Wesson and its companies, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com; www.usrgrab.com; or www.tcarms.com.
Industry Contact: Matt Rice
Blue Heron Communications
Liz Sharp, VP Investor Relations
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.
(480) 949-9700 x. 115
SOURCE Smith & Wesson