MADISON, Wis., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Thousands of consumers joined the Oscar Mayer Good Mood Mission by doing something good. From holding the door open, to saying "thank you," kind consumers performed thousands of good deeds, and logged them on the Oscar Mayer Facebook page, for a chance to win $100,000, to do more good in their community. Now, the Oscar Mayer brand is asking America to vote to help decide which consumer's charity of choice will receive the generous grant.
The Oscar Mayer brand has been creating good moods, over good food, for more than 125 years. This year, the brand encouraged Americans to do something good through the Oscar Mayer Good Mood Mission. Since January, caring consumers from across the country performed daily good deeds and logged them on Facebook.com/Oscar Mayer, but only five "bunderful" people became finalists. Now, the Oscar Mayer brand is asking America to cast its vote, to help decide who will get $100,000 to spread more good.
Meet the Finalists
- Barbara Ansell: Pine Beach, New Jersey. Ansell's good deeds included purchasing daffodils for her neighbor. Ansell hopes to win the $100,000 for the United Way of Ocean County.
- Heather Ryan: Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Ryan's good deeds included signing up to pick up charity auction donations. Ryan hopes to win the $100,000 for the Bay View Neighborhood Association.
- Sharon Smith: Camby, Indiana. Smith's good deeds included helping a friend start a business doing something she loves. Smith hopes to win the $100,000 for Hope's Way.
- Crystal Lee Wolfe: Branson, Missouri. Wolfe's good deeds included delivering a computer to a disabled couple so they could use it to coupon and save money. Wolfe hopes to win the $100,000 for the Christian Associates of Table Rock Lake.
- Jean Yee: Troy, Michigan. Yee's good deeds included helping to create therapy dolls for hospitalized children. Yee hopes to win the $100,000 for S.A.Y. Detroit.
America, It's Your Turn
Stories about how the five finalist's charities would spend $100,000 to do good in their communities will be posted on the Good Mood Mission tab of the Oscar Mayer Facebook page at Facebook.com/OscarMayer for "Fans" to vote for their favorite between September 19 and 25. Fans can vote once. The famed Wienermobile vehicle will visit the winner's hometown to congratulate the ultimate "do-gooder" and deliver the $100,000 charitable grant.
To vote or view the finalist stories, or for official contest rules, visit the Good Mood Mission tab at Facebook.com/OscarMayer
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS
Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2010 revenue of $49.2 billion. Twelve of the company's iconic brands – Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Tang and Trident – generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually. On Aug. 4, 2011, Kraft Foods announced plans to divide and create two independent public companies: a high-growth global snacks business with estimated revenue of $32 billion and a high-margin North American grocery business with estimated revenue of $16 billion, based on 2010 financial results, adjusted for divestitures. The transaction will take at least 12 months to complete, during which time plans regarding the structure, management, governance and other matters will be announced. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Visit kraftfoodscompany.com and facebook.com/kraftfoodscorporate.
- make today delicious -
SOURCE Kraft Foods