LONDON, February 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --CMC Markets
Launches Android Trading App
CMC Markets, one of the leading providers of spread betting and CFD trading, has responded to increasing customer demand for mobile trading with the launch of an Android spread betting applicationto complement its existing iPhone and iPad trading platforms.
Recent research conducted by Investment Trends found that in 2011 over half (53%) of spread bet traders were using smart phones and/or tablets for trading. The research also found that three in four spread bet traders plan to use mobile technology in 2012.
Android is currently the biggest challenger to iPhone, which is used by over a quarter (27%) of spread traders. Over the next 12 months however, CMC Markets expects that 24% of its trading community will use Android apps.
Craig Inglis, Co-Head of Product Development atCMC Markets said: "The way that spread bettors are trading is changing. People want the flexibility to be able to trade on the move and react quickly to market movements. Android is now the biggest competitor to iPhone in the mobile spread betting market, which is why we have invested to expand our mobile trading offering to ensure our customers can trade on any mobile platform, wherever they are. Accessibility and mobility is key to our product development strategy."
The new Android app gives spread bet traders instant access to world markets and their spread betting account from any mobile phone running an Android operating system. The Android spread betting app includes:
- Product library: a straightforward filter system allowing traders to analyse any product's performance and volatility within any market
- Factsheets: to provide traders with the margin requirement and spread for a product, background information, real time Dow Jones news and price action all in one chart
- Watch lists: allowing spread bet traders to create and manage their own customised watch lists. Traders can create as many watch lists as they like synchronised across all CMC Markets' trading platforms
- Order tickets: packed with the same functions as the web platform, this allows traders to place trades, set stop losses, trail stop losses as well as take profit levels and even show exact margins put forward
- Payments: traders can start a secure transaction of funds into their account directly from their mobile phone. This can even be done with virtual funds if using the demo account
CMC Markets provides its customers with one of the most superior deals on the market by combining best spread betting platform technology (with millisecond execution), low overnight financing costs, low margin requirements and tight spreads; all of which are now available across all mobile platforms.
Notes to Editors
* Data from the UK Financial Spread Betting & Contracts for Difference Report. Research conducted in July 2011 by Investment Trends and released October 2011.
CMC Markets is a leading global provider of financialspreadbetting, CFD and foreign exchange (FX). Since Peter Cruddas founded CMC Markets in 1989, the company now services more than 75,000 clients worldwide, who placed a total of 26 million trades last year.
CMC Markets UK Plc and CMC SpreadbetPlc (collectively known as CMC Markets) are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority.Share CFDs are not subject to stamp duty and there are no additional costs like floor fees, data feeds (except for Australian Share CFDs) and share registration fees. Apart from the underlying physical bid and offer spread your only execution cost is the commission.
Stamp duty in the UK is currently set at 0.5%, so if you trade a physical share with a total position size of £10,000 you will have to pay £50. This is on top of any additional charges like commission, registration fees etc.
For more information please contact Adam Smith or Kelly Hollidge at Teamspirit Public Relations on +44(0)207-360-7878 or email@example.com
SOURCE CMC Markets