SAN RAFAEL, Calif., April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- THX Ltd. today announced its "Where in the World is Tex?" international online photo contest will begin in one week on April 23, 2012. THX encourages fans from around the world to capture and upload their best photo of THX's mascot, Tex, in and around local THX Certified Cinemas or well-known city landmarks near these cinemas, and share them on the THX Facebook Page. Images with Tex will earn fans a chance to win a number of incredible prizes, including one year's worth of movie tickets (24 tickets total), cinema gift certificates, the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray Box Set and a variety of THX branded items.
WHAT: The THX "Where in the World is Tex?" online photo contest is open to consumers living in a country that contains a THX Certified Cinema. Through global partnerships with multiple THX Certified Cinemas, fans are asked to capture the most interesting and unique photo of Tex at local THX Certified Cinemas or near a well-known city landmark where THX Certified Cinemas exist. For complete rules on the THX online photo contest, please visit: Official Rules and Regulations.
HOW: Entering the online contest is simple. Pick up a free Tex doll at participating THX Certified Cinemas from April 23 – May 13 or through the THX Store and make it the subject of a unique and creative photo. The contest consists of three photo categories: 1) Photos of Tex inside a THX Certified Cinema, 2) Photos of Tex outside a THX Certified Cinema, and 3) Photos of Tex near a recognizable city landmark. Contestants should submit the best image(s) to the "Where in the World is Tex?" Photo Contest App, found on the THX Facebook Page. THX will select five finalists from each of the three categories on Sunday, May 13, 2012. Images will be judged based on uniqueness, creativity, clarity and placement of Tex relative to THX Certified Cinema signage, or the landmark. Between May 14 and May 25, 2012, Facebook fans will vote by number of "Likes" for one of the five finalists within each of the three contest categories to select the winner.
WHY: THX will award prizes to the winners in each category. The winner of Category 3 will receive one year's worth of movie tickets (24 tickets in total) to the THX Certified Cinema nearest them. Prizes for the winner of each category include:
- Category 1 (Tex inside a THX Certified Cinema) – One $50.00 gift certificate to a THX Certified Cinema along with a THX gift bag containing a THX branded hat, messenger bag, vintage t-shirt and water bottle
- Category 2 (Tex outside a THX Certified Cinema) – One $100.00 gift certificate to a THX Certified Cinema along with one copy of the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray Box Set and a THX gift bag containing a THX branded hat, messenger bag, vintage t-shirt and water bottle
- Category 3 (Tex near a recognizable city landmark) – One year's worth of movie tickets to a THX Certified Cinema along with two THX gift bags containing a THX branded hat, messenger bag, vintage t-shirt and water bottle in each bag
WHO: Any consumer, THX fan or movie fanatic living in a country that contains a THX Certified Cinema.
WHEN: The THX online photo contest runs from April 23 – May 25, 2012:
- Entry period – Begins at 11 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on Monday, April 23 and ends at 7 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 13, 2012
- Selection period – On May 14, THX will select five photos from each of the three categories (15 finalist photos total)
- Fan voting – Between May 14 at 5 p.m. PT, and May 25, 2012 at 4 p.m. PT, fans are encouraged to vote for their favorite finalists by "liking" their photo. The person whose one photo within each category receives the most "likes" will win the prize in that category
WHERE: Participants can visit any of the following THX Certified Cinemas from April 23 –May 13, 2012 to receive a free THX Tex Doll to use in the contest (while supplies last). Contestants may also visit the THX Store to obtain one free of charge (while supplies last).
Participating THX Certified domestic theaters:
- Airport 12 Cinema – Santa Rosa, CA
- Commodore Theater – Portsmouth, VA
- Cornelius Cinemas – Cornelius, OR
- Grauman's Chinese Theatre – Hollywood, CA
- Lemoore Stadium Cinemas – Lemoore, CA
- Park Cinemas – Paso Robles, CA
- Roxy 14 Cinema – Santa Rosa, CA
Participating THX Certified international theaters:
- Apollon Struer – Struer, Denmark
- Arcaplex Spijkenisse – Spijkenisse, Netherlands
- Cathay Cineplexes – (5 locations), Singapore
- Cinema 21 – (Multiple Locations) Jakarta, Indonesia
- Cinema City Kinepolis – Poznan, Poland
- Cinema City Krewetka – Gdansk, Poland
- EM- Filmtheaterbetriebe Mertz – (3 locations) Stuttgart, Germany
- Kinematograph Film – Munchen, Germany
- Sterling Cineplex – Maharashtra, India
About THX Cinema Certification
The best cinemas in the world are THX Certified. THX Cinema Certification program sets unique standards and specifications for theaters in order to bring the director's intent to the consumer. Through meeting various THX exacting standards for architectural design, acoustics, sound isolation and audio/visual excellence, THX Certified Cinemas deliver movies the way they were intended to be seen and heard with the highest level of audio and image performance. With approximately 1,200 THX Certified Cinemas worldwide, consumers can experience the ultimate entertainment experience by finding one closest to them: http://www.thx.com/consumer/movies/find-a-thx-certified-cinema/
About THX Ltd.
From the big screen to your screen, THX ignites your passion for exciting entertainment experiences. Founded by George Lucas and recognized by audiences around the globe, THX is synonymous with the design and certification of world-class cinemas, premium audio systems, HDTVs, and blockbuster movies and games. Products featuring THX technologies defy convention and define quality in their class, whether in the cinema, in the home or on the road.
SOURCE THX Ltd.