WASHINGTON, April 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Thycotic, a provider of privileged account management (PAM) solutions for more than 7,500 organizations worldwide, today unveiled Privileged Behavior Analytics (PBA). This cloud-based tool gives IT and security professionals the ability to quickly detect security breaches and abuse by analyzing anomalous behavior of privileged accounts – an early indication of compromise or insider threat. The new capabilities are available for the newly released version of the company's Privileged Account Management (PAM) solution, Secret Server 10.2.
"It's easy to give access to users, but it's a lot harder to be selective or decide when employees really need privileged credentials," said Joseph Carson, Chief Security Scientist at Thycotic. "With this new functionality, IT administrators can visually monitor organization's usage of privileged accounts to make real-time decisions from the tool's machine learning and threat scoring capabilities - a practice that is crucial to the security of all companies. It also makes organizations as a whole a lot more secure if they understand normal from abnormal privileged account access."
As privileged accounts are increasingly becoming the No. 1 target for cyberbreaches, security administrators can now attach threat scoring to these accounts - adding an extra layer of security to those accounts that are being used too often or on an irregular basis.
"Thycotic has done a nice job expanding its tool kit and addressable markets," said Garrett Bekker, Principal Analyst at 451 Research. "PBA saves IT admins hours of manual labor that would be required to sort through thousands of logs to find evidence of unusual behavior, at which point attackers are generally long gone."
The cloud-based tool is deployed on AWS for its scalability and power to rapidly process and analyze large amounts of data, making Privileged Behavior Analytics a tool that can fit any organization.
"Our Secret Server platform does a tremendous job of managing an organization's secrets, but it's equally important to have a tool to assess how these accounts are being deployed and used," said James Legg, president and CEO at Thycotic. "This extension of Secret Server equips the administrators around the world with actionable information in one, easy-to-deploy solution. It is important to us that we continue to stay ahead of the game when it comes to being the only provider of a complete suite of privilege security tools that are easy to install and extremely simple to use.
Additional features of Privileged Behavior Analytics, include:
- Email Alerts – Administrators are instantly notified the moment that unusual activity is occurring on a system, 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cloud-based Deployment - There is no installation required. Simply connect Secret Server installation to the cloud platform and Privileged Behavior Analytics will begin working right away.
- Manual Sensitivity - Override the threat score to force the system to be more sensitive to that secret or user that you want to keep a closer eye on and the corresponding activity.
- Analyze Activity - Analyze different views of privileged behavior across the system such as most active secrets, most active users, time of day access, extended secret access details and extended user details.
- Access Challenges – Once a defined threat score threshold has been met, an access challenge is automatically sent to Secret Server, forcing an immediate logout of the user acting suspiciously.
Additionally, Secret Server 10.2 features include enhanced session monitoring, domain account discovery and an even faster installation process, ensuring that Thycotic stays at the front of the pack when it comes to privilege security and innovation. The enhanced session monitoring capability allows for agent-based session monitoring in order to capture additional meta data for recorded sessions.
Thycotic's Secret Server solution protects organizations' privileged accounts to prevent cyber breaches and provides ways to store, distribute, change and audit enterprise credentials. For more information on Thycotic's Secret Server, visit: https://thycotic.com/products/secret-server/.
Thycotic prevents cyberattacks by securing passwords, protecting endpoints and controlling application access. Thycotic is one of the world's fastest growing IT security companies because we provide customers with the freedom to choose cloud or on premise software solutions that are the easiest to implement and use in the industry. Thycotic has grown to serve more than 7,500 customers.